“Nice, clean and mostly quiet”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia Northeast
Ranked #22 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Greenville, South Carolina
“Nice, clean and mostly quiet”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel last week for the first time. Hotel is overall nice and clean, staff is friendly. Nice backyard and pool area, unfortunately the closeness to the interstate prevernts a quiet experience. Coffee (decaf) tastet terrible both days, breakfast is only average.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hampton Roads, VA
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel briefly while passing through the SC area visiting my ill dad and heading to FL. This was considered the midway point. This hotel was centrally located near several shopping areas and restaurants. We had a late night meal at the IHOP located a few steps out of the hotel parking lot (very close)-which was great as well. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful, especially the housekeeping staff. They were very warm, helpful and greeted us with a smile. The room (2 queen bed) was clean and cozy with a mini fridge (no microwave in the unit though). The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well, until the fire alarm went off around 4ish in the morning. After we called the front desk we were informed that it was a false alarm and they had already contacted the fire dept-however it took about 3 or so more minutes (which seemed like forever) before the loud, piercing alarm ended. It was a major inconvenience, however glad to know that the alarm works....The bathroom was clean and the shower was awesome! Although I did not personally attend breakfast, some members of my party did and they informed me that breakfast was good with variety. We were also given a late check out of an hour-we needed it as we were struggling from our sleep being interrupted by the alarm. All in all, this was a nice stay and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hicksville, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stopped at this hotel late at night after a long day of travel. The entrance door was locked, but we were admitted and greeted as soon as we called the front desk from the provided house phone.

Our room was spacious and neat, and the A/C worked very well. It was a comfortable nights sleep. Breakfast was well stocked with all of the breakfast essentials. They hotel mentioned fresh fruit which I had trouble finding.

One minor complaint was that the hotel is not easy to find, although it is close to I-20. After exiting the I-20 westbound, it is necessary to wind (a short ways) around a dark road to find the hotel. Once on-site, the parking area is well lighted and secure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I only stayed one night on the way to NC, the rate was $89 with a travel coupon, so not bad. The place was clean and quiet and the breakfast was OK, the usual. The coffee was good, so I was happy about that. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My sister and i stayed here on our way to Fort Benning, GA. We arrived after midnight. We were greeted promptly and check in was very efficient. A plus for 2 very tired travelers. The room was clean,cool, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast is a lost cause for me, but my sister said it was on par with other Fairfield Inns. It was easy to find and close to the freeways. Overall a quick, but nice stop over.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel during my most recent trip to Columbia South Carolina. I figured that since it's a Marriott brand hotel, it would be a lot better. Boy, was I way off. The hotel is located at the end of the street in a cheesy corner of Columbia. One good thing is that it is close to both the 20 and 77 freeways. The breakfast was really bad because it is the same boring every single day. We stayed there for 4 days and it became so bad that we just basically ate cereals the last three days. Breakfast menu should be different everyday just like other Marriott Hotels we've stayed in. In this hotel it is always same meat, scrambled eggs, hard biscuits, and white gravy. Oatmeal is offered but the instant variety. Boiled eggs is available, with bagels, english muffins, and regular muffins. I would have loved for them to have a variety of different meat everyday with potatoes. The first night of our stay, we noticed that the amenities that we usually get in our hotel rooms is missing the tissue paper. There were three in the box that was left and housekeeping never bothered checking or leaving us a new box. The next day, we have to get our keys rekeyed after a long day of travel and sightseeing - this was really the last thing we needed. The third day, we have to get our keys rekeyed once again and so with our last day. All the receptionist person could say was that she does not know why this kept on happening. The second day, housekeeping gave us 2 towels when there should be 4 towels like the first night. Every single day, housekeeping was giving us problems. Missing towel, missing kleenex, missing shampoo, missing conditioner. Little things that i exepcted marriott Hotel to deliver was not done properly. I think that there is more training needed by the staff members to be at par with the MARRIOTT Standards that I used to.

1 Thank Mang Andres V
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was a great experience from check-in to check-out. My family and I just stopped over for the night to get some rest before getting back on the road the next morning. The hotel provided hot cookies and hot chocolate for the kids when we checked in. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Breakfast the next morning was hot and fresh with plenty to choose from. My compliments to the staff for having a great attitude and professional appearance.

1 Thank Connoisseur72