“Bruno Mars Concert”

Ranked #23 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Concord, North Carolina
“Bruno Mars Concert”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Book a room so that we did not have to drive home to NC after the concert at the Colonial Life Arena. The room was clean and comfortable. Front desk personnel was friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was awesome. Would stay there again if necessary.

Room Tip: Rooms away from interstate are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
West newbury
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Fairfield, to attend our sons graduation from the Army. To start with we were told we would not be able to receive the military discount because of the room size, I was not informed of this when I booked the room. Our room was barely cleaned, toilet paper was not replaced, we had to call down at 10:00 pm after we returned to our room to request toilet paper. The pull out sofa was 1" thick my daughter could feel the bars digging into their backs. When we complained about this the person at the front desk seemed put out. There were issues with the elevator, fire alarms continued to go off and the coffee carafes were always empty.

Green Features: Pool was uninviting, overlooked the highway, plastic furniture. Water gardens were small with minimal seating.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Upon arrival, surprised to see that they dont have my room available. They just accommodated me at a nearby comfort inn. Granted it is Masters week and this is close to Augusta, GA, but very bad experience in the middle of the night to go for another hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VVV2000
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Check-in 5-16-14, 6:30 p.m. Must have changed staff between 6:30 and 7:00 (time of previous review). We had outstanding customer service. Very friendly. Had to wait a few minutes because they were busy with other people, but they were efficient and personable. Asked if we had a floor preference. We asked for a room away from interstate and were given room by the stairs on top floor. Very, very quiet. We didn't hear a thing all night long, even though there were plenty of other people on our floor. Room was exceptionally clean, well-appointed, but no toiletries other than soap and shampoo/cream rinse. Breakfast was plentiful with make-your-own waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), biscuits & gravy, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, English muffins, toast, blueberry muffins, fresh fruit. And the breakfast area was clean and well-attended by a friendly lady. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Check-in 5/16/14 7pm. Should have known at check in when I walked up to front desk right at 7pm. No one else at counter but me and my family and girl didn't look up to acknowledge us for an uncomfortable 15-20 seconds. Just said "name" followed by "drivers license and credit card". She did ask us if we had a floor preference which was nice. My wife said quietest room possible. When we get to our room we see it's 1 room away from elevator and directly over the main entrance with our window squarely over the double door drive up...probably not a less quiet room in the building! I told my wife we shouldn't make a big deal, let's just get to dinner. We were able to get a pretty good nights sleep that night by cranking the a/c up over the entry way chatter...unfortunately we were awakened by someone calling our room consecutively starting at a little before 7 am. I finally answer and it's the girl at check in telling me to stop by and let them get a credit card on file. I tell her we did that at check in. She just responds with we need a credit card on file. No apology for somehow not recording it at check in when it was handed to her or apology for waking my family with repeated phone calls. We are here to see my daughter jump at the SC high school State Championship and just needed a good night sleep. Nice enough property but front desk girls need education in customer service and hospitality. Next time we will pass on Fairfield and just drive up the morning of the competition.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Chris W
Kennebunk
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

It was a pleasure staying at this Hotel. The check in was fast and the person was friendly and very helpfully. They were quick to inform me that they had a Managers gathering in the dining area, and also provided me with a business card that listed local restaurant's offering 10% discount. It was pleasure to meet David ( the owner) and Amber ( the sales Manager). They were very friendly and accommodating. I will be sure to tell everyone from My company to visit if they are in the area.
I was very impressed at how well maintained the facility was and the personal cares received. I witnessed the staff extending to others the same courteous service. The social hour was a nice venue to meet other guest an relax after work. Thank you for your hospitality.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My son was graduating from fort Jackson basic training and my family and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn. This hotel has yet to disappoint. It's beautiful, and always clean. Just the colors of the hotel put me in a happy mood. The staff is very accommodating and extremely friendly. When I travel I always look for a Fairfield in the area before booking anywhere else. You get everything you need at an effort able rate!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family