“Nice Hotel”

Comfort Suites Columbia
Ranked #23 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The room was wonderful and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy B

Reviewed 30 June 2011

I travel to Columbia multiple times a year, I usually stay at the Hampton inn across the road. They had no vacancy the weekend I was coming this time so decided to stay at the Comfort Suites. I was pleased to find that the rates were cheaper with more amenities. Every room is a suite so it has couch area with coffee table great for someone like me to keep all my files organized and be productive (fast wireless internet). Good night rest, plus the breakfast had the works, waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, etc... Downfall was it was busy that weekend and parking lot was pretty full had to park further than I would have liked.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
SalesDirector106, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

We appreciate your business, and the nice review! We are fairly new on the block and want our guests to be happy, here, so we appreciate all of the feedback! Please come back to stay with us any time, and bring your friends and business associates!! (Call me early at one of the numbers below, if possible, for a good parking place, and some extra good "perks" from me!)

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Nice desk clerk on 11pm arrival. Queen beds not actual queen size, but a little smaller. Clean room. Clean bathroom. Great water pressure in shower. Wifi in room worked fine. Room was just on the other side of the elevator, but no noise in the room. Breakfast included hard boiled eggs and strawberry flavored (self-made) Belgian waffles. The rest was the usual. No peanut butter, though. But the service folks were all over keeping things clean and refilled. Forgot to bring bathing suits for the indoor pool.
Right off I77 on the north side so pretty good access to the stadium from the east, as well as points north.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My fiancee and I stayed here the other night. The hotel was in alright condition. What made our experience extra special was the new night manager. He was competent and professional. He enrolled me in a frequent customer program and we are expecting a fifty dollar gas card soon. We will return soon as I do apprecite the acknowledgment of our business. The breakfast was great, and the beds were plush and more comfortable than my own. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who appteciates being apprecited and a worthwhile value for the cost.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Room and lobby were spotless. I am in a wheelchair and the shower/tub was no good for me. The night attendent brought a bathseat to me but it would not fit in the tub. I told Mr. Patel (the manager on duty ) the next morning . He did not seem to care. I asked for directions from the other morning attendent a young man who was more than willing to help me. Morning breakfeast was hot and very good.

Room Tip: Nice place
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mattswedding

Thank you, so much, for your review; we appreciate all feedback because it always helps us in some way. We DO have a handlicapped-accessible suite with no tub which has a roll-in shower, however, those suites need to be especially asked for when reservations are made, or it could have been that the roll-in shower handicapped accessible suite was taken, already, since it is on first floor and is in much demand at times. The handicapped accessible suites with the tubs have numerous bars around the tubs, and around the toilets, and along the side of the bathroom wall in some incidences (such as the ones in the 3 adjoining handicapped-accessible suites. We will certainly take this comment into consideration and I am happy you found everything else good.

Best regards, and I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Day.

Reviewed 5 April 2011

I originally made reservation by phone to spend 4 nights at this motel. My plans changed so I phoned to change the date to one night. i immediately went on the Hotels website to confirm that my reservation had been changed and was correct. I printed it out. On the original date I had reserved I received a phone call stating I was a no show and would be charged for the room. When i arrived for my room the same day the hotel was overbooked and there was no reservation for me> I had to drive 20 miles away to another hotel plus pay a no show fee despite having the website printout which confirmed the date I had reserved. They were very rude and unapologetic. i have filed complaints with American Express, The Better Business Bureau and tried to file a complaint on the Hotels website but complaint are not sent out because of an undeliverable e-mail address.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2011

stayed here 4 nights for my sons graduation from BCT, staff was helpful, they gave us a graduation price, breakfast included hot waffles, eggs and meat, yogurt and fruit, two computers available, printer was not working, fitness room, clean with towels and water cooler, beds comfy, we had a handicapped room and it had a large bathroom, location was great , 15 minutes to the gate at fort jackson, a short ride to the zoo, and airport, we had a great time, our room was on the third floor, wall street journal for free daily,

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks, so much, for the nice review! It is always an honor to have our military personnel staying with us at Comfort Suites Hotel, 1540 Daulton Dr, Columbia, SC 29223! wE JUST NEED AS MANY MORE AS POSSIBLE TO COME STAY WITH US SO IF YOU NEED OUR HOTEL - FOR ANY REASON - PLEASE CALL ME, OR OUR FRONT DESK AT THE NUMBERS BELOW!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!