“Good Experience”

Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Massillon, Ohio
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Rooms were clean and management very friendly and helpful. This is the sixth time we have stayed at this hotel while on a golf package. Many military staying there while attending training at Fort Jackson.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Reed B
Priti P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your comments and will share your comments with our team. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous ones.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Our first stay at this property on Two Notch Road in Columbia was by default because our usual stop was booked. However, we had a nice surprise. Front desk was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, bright, and nicely decorated. Breakfast was one of the best we have had at a motel. Overall an excellent property at which we would stay again.

Room Tip: Go for top floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bay Village, Ohio
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The hotel itself isn't bad but had some problems during my stay. There were stains on the blanket and the bed looked as though it was slept in. I asked to have my room re-made and was told there was no housekeeping on staff at the time. I went down to the front desk and was given another set of sheets to change the bedding myself. The second set of sheets was very wrinkled and there were multiple hairs on the blanket. So, back down to the front desk and when I informed the front desk clerk I was told there were no other sheets and blankets available. She apologized and said she would make a note of it to inform the hotel manager.

So, being very tired I tried to make the best of it between a set of sheets that looked like they were slept in, another set of sheets that were supposedly clean but very wrinkled, one blanket with stains on it, and one blanket with multiple hairs on it.

The next morning upon check-out the manager said nothing. I asked if he received the note about my problems and gave him a quick summary of the situation. He looked down and acknowledged there was a note about it. He was curiously unresponsive and apathetic about my situation and didn't even offer an apology or a commitment to remedy the situation for future guests.

I normally would've have let it go but I was more frustrated about his lack of concern than the situation itself. I pressed him with "so, not even an apology or anything?" The only response then was a muffled "I can take 10% off your bill" and he said nothing else. I thought that was fair compensation, but the lack of sympathy by management for a guests' inconveniences and no commitment to address the lack of supply issues would probably keep me from staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank boatr35
Priti P, Director of Operations at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Comfort Suites and alerting us to your concerns.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your guest suite and the customer service on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with hotel staff and management to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Columbia.
Williamstown, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We had 10 total in our family and stayed in 2 rooms. The front desk was really helpful with all of our requests. The room was really nicer than I thought because it was less expensive than some other hotels in the area. The beds were really comfortable and the pullout couch was even comfy. The indoor pool was fun, warm and clean even if it was a little small. It was close to Ft Jackson and other restaurants. The breakfast did have the hot eggs and meat and the waffles. I thought it was good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Englewood, Florida, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Folks I travel for a living, at least 3 nights per week every week. In all my stays in MD, Va, NC, SC, and Florida, this locations staff was excellent, the room was fantastic and the breakfast was the best in several weeks. Could not be more satisfied. My destination when I come to Columbia.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Priti P, Director of Operations at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
On behalf our entire team, thank you for the positive feedback you provided! We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for making us your hotel destination in Columbia, SC. We certainly look forward to accommodating you again on your future visits!
Morgantown
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Victory travel suggested Comfort Suites for our son's family day and graduation at Fort Jackson. The hotel is very convenient, affordable, and offers enough amenties. Even with traffic could make it to Fort Jackson very quickly. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Breakfast is good. Excellent stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The room was awesome and the staff was very accommodating. The indoor pool was open until 10pm so the kids loved that and the breakfast was good! If we are ever in the area again this will be our hotel of choice!

• Stayed March 2013