“Good Hotel, Good Location”

Comfort Suites Columbia
Ranked #24 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Potsdam, New York
“Good Hotel, Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Heading north our first stop was this hotel. Rooms were large, beds were comfortable. The bathroom and shower were excellent and spotless. Walls were a little thin, and the person(s) in the rooms above use must have heavy feet or playing football or something. Not the hotel's fault, but luckily it stopped when we went to bed. Breakfast was good, and the people were very nice. We have been having real good luck with this chain in recent months. Will probably stop back next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
COLUMBIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We live in Columbia, but had sold our house and were moving to a condo. We had packed everything we owned for the movers to pick up the next morning. I got to thinking we would be much more comfortable to spend the night before the move in a hotel with sheets, towels, a TV, and food for breakfast. Since I live here, I had never stayed in a local hotel, so I went to Tripadvisor, just as I do when we travel. This Comfort Suites was convenient to where we wanted to be and had received mostly good reviews. My wife and I were both extremely pleased. Check-in and breakfast staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was a good size and the bed was quite comfortable. It was very clean and quiet. The breakfast was what we needed to face a day of moving. Also the price was reasonable for what we wanted. I would highly recommend this place for anyone needing a room in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Priti P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
On behalf our entire team, thank you for the positive feedback you provided! I am glad we were able to provide you with a pleasant experience, and maybe help alleviate the some of the stress in your moving process.
Middlesex, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was a clean comfortable hotel suitable for a family stay. I has a good basic free breakfast and has an indoor pool and exercise facilities. My only complaint was the TV schedule. There was no TV listing to be found in the room and the on-screen guide was difficult to find and only scrolled through one channel at a time. A minor problem, but one they could easily fix with a printed listing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Massillon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Rooms were clean and management very friendly and helpful. This is the sixth time we have stayed at this hotel while on a golf package. Many military staying there while attending training at Fort Jackson.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Reed B
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your comments and will share your comments with our team. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous ones.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Our first stay at this property on Two Notch Road in Columbia was by default because our usual stop was booked. However, we had a nice surprise. Front desk was friendly and helpful. Room was clean, bright, and nicely decorated. Breakfast was one of the best we have had at a motel. Overall an excellent property at which we would stay again.

Room Tip: Go for top floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bay Village, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

The hotel itself isn't bad but had some problems during my stay. There were stains on the blanket and the bed looked as though it was slept in. I asked to have my room re-made and was told there was no housekeeping on staff at the time. I went down to the front desk and was given another set of sheets to change the bedding myself. The second set of sheets was very wrinkled and there were multiple hairs on the blanket. So, back down to the front desk and when I informed the front desk clerk I was told there were no other sheets and blankets available. She apologized and said she would make a note of it to inform the hotel manager.

So, being very tired I tried to make the best of it between a set of sheets that looked like they were slept in, another set of sheets that were supposedly clean but very wrinkled, one blanket with stains on it, and one blanket with multiple hairs on it.

The next morning upon check-out the manager said nothing. I asked if he received the note about my problems and gave him a quick summary of the situation. He looked down and acknowledged there was a note about it. He was curiously unresponsive and apathetic about my situation and didn't even offer an apology or a commitment to remedy the situation for future guests.

I normally would've have let it go but I was more frustrated about his lack of concern than the situation itself. I pressed him with "so, not even an apology or anything?" The only response then was a muffled "I can take 10% off your bill" and he said nothing else. I thought that was fair compensation, but the lack of sympathy by management for a guests' inconveniences and no commitment to address the lack of supply issues would probably keep me from staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank boatr35
Priti P, Director of Operations at Comfort Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Comfort Suites and alerting us to your concerns.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your guest suite and the customer service on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with hotel staff and management to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Columbia.
Williamstown, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We had 10 total in our family and stayed in 2 rooms. The front desk was really helpful with all of our requests. The room was really nicer than I thought because it was less expensive than some other hotels in the area. The beds were really comfortable and the pullout couch was even comfy. The indoor pool was fun, warm and clean even if it was a little small. It was close to Ft Jackson and other restaurants. The breakfast did have the hot eggs and meat and the waffles. I thought it was good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family