TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This hotel was much better than i could have ever imagined. The suites were fully furnished. The beds were more than comfortable. The room/suite was very large so I did not feel cramped. It was more like a home away from home than a hotel room. The breakfast bar was one of the best that I have tried. The small marketplace in the lobby was better stocked than any other hotel that I have visited. The staff was excellent and very friendly. I was there for my son's graduation from Army boot camp and the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I do not know if I will return to the Columbia, SC area anytime soon but if I do I will stay at this hotel and I can promise that I will look for this chain hotel whenever and wherever I travel in the future.

2  Thank gmacdos
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thank you for choosing the TownePlace/SE/Fort Jackson for your recent hotel accommodations while you were in the Columbia SC area. We take pride in reviews like yours on TripAdvisor to share with our staff, along with other guests that may be needing hotel accommodations in the future. Our hotel was built for every guest to feel at home with all of the amenities that we have to offer our guests. As you stated that the TownePlace is a "Great Hotel" and our team members would like to thank you for sharing all of the great compliments that you gave to our hotel.

If you are in the Columbia SC area in the near future, please keep in mind the "Great Hotel" that you chose while you were in the Columbia area and we will be more than happy to make you feel at home again.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Nicely appointed suite, with full refrigerator-freezer, ceramic flat-top range, large built-in microwave oven, dishwasher, etc. Large, well-designed desk with handy electrical outlets on the desktop.

Excellent full breakfast, with eggs, sausage, grits, Belgian waffles and much more. Breakfast area was spotlessly clean and well cared for. The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient.

And here's the best thing: I checked out in a hurry and didn't realize I'd left my laptop's charger still under the desk in the room. After stowing my luggate in the car, I went back to check out at the hotel desk. The housekeeping staff had already found my charger and brought it to the front desk! The manager on duty had it there for me.

I strongly recommend this fine Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AreSadler
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for sharing such an awesome review of our hotel. As a team member of the TownePlace Suites/SE I agree that our staff goes beyond with our guest service satisfaction. Each room is appointed to make our guests comfortable if you are with us for one night or long term during your stay. Our DeLuxe Breakfast as you stated is a great way to start your day and with the wide varity of items to choose from our guests are always pleased with the selection that we have for them. With our long history of guest service and overall satisfaction this makes the TownePlace Suites/SE shine in the Marriott brand.

If you are traveling in our area in the near future, please give our hotel the opportunity to make your next reservation.

Thank you.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I currently stayed at here at the Towneplace Suites Marriott during a two week course that I took at Ft. Jackson, SC This location made it an excellent choice to get in and out to class.I also enjoyed the fact that I was able to buy food and had a kitchen. They really accommodated me in more ways then having just the clean room, and the great hot breakfast.The excellent management and staff that runs this facility really must be commended. The outdoor fire ring was really nice and of course having the outdoor basketball court and the swimming pool - made my stay very relaxing. My classmates were not happy that the Army Lodging Facility had located them in a far less superior hotel than what was recommended to me by staying here. I would not listen to them and instead take my recommendation and you will be happy to have had this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CindiZ
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites for your hotel accommodations while you were training at Fort Jackson. Our staff enjoys receiving great compliments as you stated in your review. Our staff takes pride in getting to know each one of our guest by name and making them feel at home while they are staying with the TownePlace Suites by Marriott/SE. Making each guest a part of our family is why we are an excellent hotel with a great location for our guest that are in the Columbia area for business or pleasure.

Again, thank you for sharing with our staff your great experience at the TownePlace Suites. If you are in the Columbia area again in the near future, please give me a call and I will be more than happy to assist you with making your next reservation.

Have a great summer!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Last weekend my wife and kids stayed at this hotel while we went looking at houses to buy. The check-in clerk was awesome and proficient but getting to my room I realized that there was a mix up, there was only one bed. The clerk quickly fixed the problem and upgraded my room to a two bedroom suite which was great but then the fun started. While getting ready to put the girls to bed that night we pulled out the sofa bed and there was what appeared to be a BLOOD stain on the matress, absolutely disgusting. I brought this to the attention of the front clerk but he couldn't do anything because he was the only one working at that time, which is understandable. Sometime during the next day, while we were out, they replaced the mattress (before I could get a picture) but then we found a sandal and some cat toys under one of the beds. I began to seriously question the cleaning teams ability to do their jobs. Overall the room was good but seriously, there was a stain on the mattress and stuff left behind by the prior guests. Unsatisfactory. Also, the shower curtain had mold on it and the carpeting was in serious need of a cleaning.

Room Tip: Inspect the room prior to unpacking.
3  Thank recon626
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

The TownePlace Suites/SE/Fort Jackson is very concerned about your recent stay at our property. Please know that we take all guest comments seriously and have taken multiple steps to correct all the housekeeping issues that have been mentioned in your comments on TripAdvisor. Upon check-in to our hotel your reservation was for a standard king room on Marriott Reward Points. You discovered that your reservation would not allow you to upgrade to a two bedroom suite. Our Front Office Manager, Cameron, was able to accommodate your request in a timely manner. When you informed Cameron about the stain on your mattress - it was discovered to be a small area on the couch and not the mattress as you stated in your comments. As an immediate solution that night we offered to move you and your family to another room , but you declined and remained in this room for your two day stay at our hotel. Later we learned that you had unauthorized pets in your room. We do welcome pets, but require payment for the pets upon arrival at our hotel. After we discovered that 2 pets were in the room we charged this to your room.

We strive to provide the highest quality service to our guests and appreciate your patronage. Please know that we are always working to improve our services and provide the highest quality accommodations possible at all times.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My family stay there for 3 months while my husband was going to school at the military base. The staff was warm and friendly to my family -- expectedly to my children. Traveling was a special need child is difficult but they were understanding. My husband is now back and the staff remember him and asked about my children. I could give this hotel a 10 +++. Great staff and very clean hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Desiree S
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your review with our hotel. The TownePlace Suites wants all of our guest to feel as you have expressed to our staff that we made your first stay very comfortable and the children loved our staff. 100% Guest Satisfaction is what we are known for in the Marriott Brand and we are so happy that we made your stay a memorable experience.
Our team wants your family member to feel that the TownePlace Suites is their home away from home and if there is anything that we can do for him, please let me know.

Also, I know that he has a birthday this week and the TownePlace Staff wants to wish him "Happy Birthday!"

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed at TownePlace Suites while we visited our son during graduation ceremonies from Army Boot Camp at Ft. Jackson. Friendly and helpful staff, nice complimentary breakfast, great exercise room. Peppermint patty in the room a nice touch but I had to fight my husband for it.

2  Thank lindalewis47
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment that you expressed concerning your stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott/SE. Our staff recently won the Silver Circle Award by Marriott for the outstanding performance that we have given to our many guests while visiting in the Columbia area. Our Peppermint Patty and our card of thanks is only one way that we express to our guests a "Thank You" for choosing our hotel. 100% Guest Satisfaction is what makes our hotel your home away from home. Enjoying our DeLuxe Breakfast is a great way to start each day, along with enjoying our exercise room.
Please express to your son that we are very proud of him for choosing the serve our country in the US Army. Congratuations for completing his first step to a wonderful future........

Again, thank you.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed for one night in transit to Disneyworld for March break. Had two suites, including 2/3 bedrooms. Very spacious, clean and functional. Perfect for a large family. Complimentary breakfast was near-perfect, staff efficient and friendly. Pool was not yet opened for the season but the exterior recreation patio was nicely furnished with a fire pit. Even though the hotel was close to the highway, it was relatively quiet. The windows were a bit thin so exterior voices could be heard but not a huge deal. Windows did open which was nice to allow in fresh air.

The location is ideal to on and off the highway, however, the hotel is tucked down a service road (along with a couple of competitors) that is not easily spotted without having eagle eyes, and with a bit of traffic can be a bit of a challenge to navigate to and fro. Better signage would be helpful. Lots of eateries and shopping (for groceries) nearby.

Would stay here again. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 1stclasspreferred
Mary M, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

We were excited to hear that during your stay at the TownePlace Suites you found our hotel to be a "Solid Product" for your family during your travel on spring break. The team members of our hotel greatly appreciate all of our guests and the reviews that they share with our team. We strive to assure that from when you arrive at our hotel to check-in or enjoying our Deluxe Breakfast makes your stay enjoyable and a memorable experience. Our patio offers our guests a way to relax either by the firepit or a game of baseketball with the family. With the change of the season we just recently opened our pool for our guests to enjoy during the summer months.
Again, we are very pleased that you choose the TownePlace Suites by Marriott for your home away from home while you and your family were traveling and I will share with our team members your wonderful review of our hotel.

We hope that you had a great vacation and look forward to seeing you or your family in the near future.

Director of sales