We were traveling to the area to visit my father who recently had surgery and stayed in the King room for 2 nights. Room was a bit snug for 2 adults, child and dog, however it made do. Upon entering the room, we noticed a strong, musty smell that never really went away, and we were forced to keep the window open to try to air the room out. The bathroom was snug, but had nice sink and sink counter top. The shower head and pressure was good, but the tub was stained and the shower curtain liner was dirty! There is nothing worse than taking a shower while noticing dirt all around the tub, walls and curtain! Yuck! The bed, however, was vey comfy and slept very well. We noticed that we had an ant infestation in our kitchen and they got on our food, dishes and hubby's medications. We complained to the front desk and Justin eventually came to the room and sprayed the area. I guess it was all that could be done that night, and we were grateful that Justin was very concerned about our inconvenience. Breakfast was not great at all. There was a posted note stating that there were no scrambled eggs or hot sausage (and no reason why) and the waffle machine was broken on one day. I have had better breakfast food options and experiences at other Towneplace Suites (especially in Maryland at the Andrews AirForce Base location). Upon check out, I informed the GM-Mr. Gantt (?) of the ant situation and he stated that he had heard about that. While he apologized, he stated that sometimes you don't know when they are going to come out. Really? As a GM, this is your response to a displeased customer? And he only gave a $31 discount on our bill, even after I told him that the ants ruined our food, got into some of hubby's medication and was just overall unsanitary. His response appeared to be a standard corporate response. This was so unacceptable and I will be writing Marriott to complain further. No one should have to share a room with bugs, especially when you are paying hundreds of dollars for accommodations. I am a rewards member and always try to locate Marriott properties when I travel. Again, I am not used to this type of experience at TownePlace suites. This was a major let down. Two positive things, however, were staff member Justin's help and friendly and professional demeanor and the fact that there was not a high priced pet fee for our dog (one time $35 fee per stay). Will I be staying at this TownePlace Suites location again when I return to the area? Probably not unfortunately. Sad, sad day for this Marriott regular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Columbia, SC, you'll love the neighborhood-style living and great value of the new TownePlace Suites Columbia Fort Jackson. Our all-suite, extended stay Columbia, South Carolina hotel is minutes from Fort Jackson and the University of South Carolina - home of the Gamecocks. We're also near Colonial Center, Williams-Brice Stadium, and the SC State Fair. Here on business? Our Columbia, SC hotel is close to Shaw Air Force Base, Providence Hospitals, McEntire Joint National Guard Base, Sysco, and the Dorn VA Medical Center. Every suite features complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, fully-equipped kitchens, 32" flat-screen HD TVs, and luxurious bedding. Start each day with our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Make yourself at home in our pool or fitness room, on our sport court, or in our BBQ/patio area. And bring your pet - we're a pet-friendly hotel! Few hotels in Columbia, SC can beat our warm hospitality, so book your room today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites By Marriott Columbia Se/Fort Jackson Hotel Columbia
- Towneplace Suites Columbia