TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson
US$127
US$67
US$64
Red Roof
All reviewsbasketball courtfire pittwo bedroom suitefort jacksonfull kitchengreat place to staymilitary graduationstaff was friendlyyogurtsitting arearoad noisebasic training graduationi highly recommend this hotelwould stay here againbed was comfortablevery nice hotelfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have always love Marriott properties and this was no different. This place was clean, great location, helpful staff. Great rates. All the amenitites. Kitchenette was convenient. Spacious rooms. The bed was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Brendan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Kepnitreal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us! We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. The staff and I thank you for your kind comments as well. We appreciate your business and we can't wait for the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

It was our first time driving from NY to Florida, so we didn't know where we would stay for the night as we wanted to go as far as possible. About an hour from when we decided to stop, I started looking up hotels. Decided on this hotel and I was surprised how easy it was to make the arrangements over my cell phone as my hubby was driving. We arrived after 6pm and there was no one at the desk, but after about 10 minutes he appeared and was very nice. Our room was great and I wish we could have stayed longer. The only thing that I missed was a full length mirror. It had a complete kitchen, including a dishwasher, which we really didn't need. It was nice and quiet. I did have to wait awhile for my hot beverage to be set up in the eating area, which seemed to be available all night. There was only one staff person that night who had to do it all. All and all it was a very nice clean place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Brendan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear PeggyRy,

The staff and I thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I do apologize for your wait at the front desk. At times the front desk has to run something up to a room or take care of a guest request and has to leave the front desk. This will not be the case for long as there will be a night maintenance and "runner" position that is being developed. I am also looking in to getting full length mirrors for all rooms, which I thank you for suggesting! We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you and your family again next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was by far one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The location was close to Firt Jackson and there was plenty of shopping within a few miles. When the snow storm hit and all the streets and resturants were close the staff cooked us lasguna so we would have something to eat. I can't say how many nights I stayed talking around the fire put outside. Great hotel! A must if your visiting.

• Stayed: February 2014
Brendan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear menca06,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience with us at the TownePlace Suites! We are delighted to hear that you hade a great time during your stay with us. I remember you and the Fort Jackson group you with very well. We would love to have you and any of your classmates back at any time. Thank you for all of the kind comments about our staff and amenities as well. The ice storm was a bit challenging, but we we're glad we could provide dinner for most of the hotel that night considering the weather conditions. The staff and I thank you again and hopefully we will see you next time you are in the Columbia area!

Brendan McCoy
TPS Columbia S/E Fort Jackson

Reviewed 11 February 2014

In order to attend our grandson's Family Day and Graduation from basic training at Fort Jackson, we stayed at the Town Place Suites by Marriott in Columbia for a week. Our suite provided all the amenities we had at home. Comfortable bed, spacious clean room w/big screen flat screen TVs, full refrigerator, full stove, microwave, dishwasher including cleaning supplies and paper towels, coffee and tea in the room and 24/7 coffee and tea in the lobby. Very importantly, the guests were permitted to set the temperature where they enjoyed it. We enjoyed coziness of the room tremendously.

Justin, Brendan, Kim, and Jesse were so professional and genuinely cared about meeting all our needs. Justin had assisted us over the phone when we were trying to decide which hotel to choose because there were a group of hotels located in close proximity of the base. He asked me what we needed in a hotel, after listening to us, he guaranteed us that Town Place Suites was the place that would meet the needs and some of the "wants" we shared with him. We are so glad we trusted him. He was the the first person we met as we entered the hotel and he was attentive to us consistently each time we came in his presence. Brendan directed us to places that met our tastes in foods and atmosphere and eagerly helped us with anything we asked. During her shift at the registration desk, Kim was so courteously helped us as we needed. Jesse demonstrated that he took a lot of pride in the upkeep of hotel and displayed an overall pleasant attitude each time we saw him. He drew our attention to different positive aspects of the hotel. We ended up after seven days leaving there with no complaints.

Outside was just as impressive as the inside. There was an outside open fireplace w/ tables and chairs, a basketball court, a barbeque grill and a swimming pool. We thoroughly enjoyed these facilities. Also, the fact that there was a room with washers and dryers available at a reasonable price put the icing on the cake for us. We now know we don't have to carry as much luggage when we plan to stay there again. These are names of hotel employes that I remember, but others contributed to creating such a friendly and cozy. We also appreciated the daily breakfast which had items which satiated our tastes and needs.

We had family and friends who came to visit and they too were extremely impressed with the layout of our room and the outside facilities of the hotel. The large table and extra chairs certainly came in handy in accommodating our friends and family. In essence, we will always remember this hotel like a "cozy home away from home. :)" Thanks again, Justin. Oliver and Mozella Morgan from Memphis, TN

Room Tip: Reasonable prices for all the amenities you get.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Brendan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear morganmb4,

The staff and I are so delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us! The staff at our hotel works very hard to make every guest's stay a memorable one and it really does mean a lot when our guest take the time to recognize what a great job we did. Justin, Jesse, and Kim have outstanding customer service skills and as you noticed and very valuable to this hotel. You pointed out that our hotel had a lot of features that you and your family enjoyed and we appreciate your kind comments about the hotel as well. Everything we do is aimed to provide the best guest experience possible. Thank again for posting your review and hopefully we will see you next time you are in the Columbia area!

Brendan McCoy
TownePlace Suites SE/Fort Jackson
Columbia, SC

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this property this past weekend. Justin at the front desk was incredibly helpful and friendly. He provided us with an excellent recommendation for dinner. (Cantina 76 had wonderful tacos and yummy margaritas!) This hotel is newly built and has fabulous features like granite counter tops and a well designed room layout. The whole property still smells brand new! (It was only built four years ago.)
When we initially turned onto the street that this hotel is located on we doubted our decision to select this location, but the TownePlace Suites SE/Fort Jackson turned out to be a hidden gem! It is conveniently located near a fun zoo in the area also. We really enjoyed our stay and everything was great about this property from the front desk staff to the room and comfortable bed, to the sweet breakfast attendant, and good breakfast provided. Hats off staff and managers of the TownePlace Suites! Thank you for your excellent customer service, well maintained property, and a fantastic stay! We will certainly return for another stay if we come to Columbia again!

Room Tip: If staying for an extended period I would highly recommend the top floor.
2  Thank H0kiealum
Brendan M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

H0okiealum,

First of all, the staff and I thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay! We are delighted to hear that not only were you happy about your stay but also the dinner recommendation Justin provided for you. I will have to agree, everything about that restaurant is spot on. We work hard with our staff to make sure they are knowledgeable about the area. Justin is a great example of just that and he does a great job. I'm not sure which breakfast attendant you encountered, but i will share your comments with both of them. The staff and I also thank you for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we will see you soon!