I stayed with 2 other parties. The hotel was just opened in May 2009 so everything is new. Was greeted by Tanisha (sorry if I spelled name wrong) who was friendly (as well as the other staff) and I must have seen her at least 5 more times throughout the day. She was always smiling and friendly. The room was not only reasonable priced (under 90$/night for a double studio) it was brand new and spacious. There is also an outdoor pool, a sitting area with an outdoor fire pit and a snack area. Coffee is free and in the lobby 24 hrs/day and there are 2 computers for free use. All and all there was no complaint with regard to the hotel site. Just pay attention when you are looking for the hotel as it is off, way off of the main street, in the back of several other hotels. Also, although there are many restaurants, store in the area, you need a car as the majority of everything is over a mile or more away from the hotel site, which is close to a highway exit. There was one little issue where my father was charged for juice that was also a part of the free breakfast bar, which was more of a misunderstanding on his part (they sold the same juice from the snack bar too), but i spoke to the manager, who took care of it with no questions asked and refunded the money to my dad, which pleased me to no end.
All and all a great hotel site, and pleasant customer service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Columbia, SC, you'll love the neighborhood-style living and great value of the new TownePlace Suites Columbia Fort Jackson. Our all-suite, extended stay Columbia, South Carolina hotel is minutes from Fort Jackson and the University of South Carolina - home of the Gamecocks. We're also near Colonial Center, Williams-Brice Stadium, and the SC State Fair. Here on business? Our Columbia, SC hotel is close to Shaw Air Force Base, Providence Hospitals, McEntire Joint National Guard Base, Sysco, and the Dorn VA Medical Center. Every suite features complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, fully-equipped kitchens, 32" flat-screen HD TVs, and luxurious bedding. Start each day with our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Make yourself at home in our pool or fitness room, on our sport court, or in our BBQ/patio area. And bring your pet - we're a pet-friendly hotel! Few hotels in Columbia, SC can beat our warm hospitality, so book your room today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Columbia Southeast/Fort Jackson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites By Marriott Columbia Se/Fort Jackson Hotel Columbia
- Towneplace Suites Columbia