Carolina University Inn
US$161
US$154
  • Pool
US$121
Sleep Inn at Bush River Road(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Breakfast included
US$159
US$140
Hampton.com
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$85
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is in a good location - not walking - for conducting any business in downtown Columbia. The hotel staff is exceptional! From checking in to asking for directions to letting me check out late - they were all wonderful - hence the 3 stars. The rooms are in need to repair and upgrades. Wallpaper peeling, TVs that are small and not HD and 2 packets of decaf and 1 of regular? Really? The restaurant service was poor ("Forgot to turn on the stove to cook my breakfast?") and results were at best ok. I got a great price compared to other places that made it worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the "interior" may be quieter - I asked for a quiet room - I was on the street and heard a couple of sirens at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Clarion on a business trip. The room was comfortable and at a good price. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly and wanted to be accommodating. However, their seems to be a lack of either communication or infrastructure to make this a truly well run hotel. There was no chair at the desk in my room and I needed to do work. Upon check in I notified a gentleman with a clip board going around checking rooms. He indicated a chair would be brought up right away. An hour later, no chair. I called the front desk. I was told a chair would be brought up right away. An hour later, no chair. I went down to the front desk 3 times to inquire about a chair. Four hours after check in, an uncomfortable straight back chair was finally delivered to my room (all my colleagues rooms had adjustable, rolling chairs for their desks). This is only one of the instances where stuff was either not done or done extremely slowly. Everyone was very friendly but somehow the place is not efficient. Thus, I cannot give this place 5 stars. Still, my room was comfortable, I slept well, and the price was very modest. So, I would give this place another chance. I just wouldn't use them if a lot of logistical issues were involved, such as for a wedding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed recently for downtown convention. The room was large, clean and the wait and front desk staff were friendly, helpful, and very accommodating and efficient. The price was very good also and they gave you great tips on local sites to wine, dine, and tour. Definitely return. Only negative is not really equipped for easy handicap access and could use some updating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

When you see the brand name "Clarion" you expect certain things, friendly and helpful staff, good locations and a quality room. This Clarion fell way short on the room quality part. My husband and I were in town for our Anniversary. We checked into the hotel, then went straight out to a restaurant. We didn't return to the hotel until much later in the evening. Had we gone to the room right after check in we would have left and gone somewhere else. To begin; the electric panel on the door that activates the lock was exposed and you could see the batteries(only a clear piece of plastic protected them), there was a gap at the bottom of the door that was quiet large and you could see the walkway outside the door from inside the room though it, the carpet was stained and dirty looking, the smoke alarm was dangling from a wire, the ceiling tiles had quiet a few water stains, the bathroom was the worst with dark stains embedded in the floor tiles(don't even want to know what did that) and black mildew in the shower grout, when my husband turned on the water to the shower he was sprayed on the back of his head because the control to regulate the water from the shower head to the tub did not work. Very poor reception for the TV. But, surprisingly the beds were clean and very comfortable. I was expecting with the condition of the room that it would be a loud night, but it turned out to be very quiet. I hope my room was the exception and not the rule of this property and I will examine a room from now on before I sign the credit card. Not how I wanted to spend my anniversary night out of town.

Room Tip: Examine rooms here before you give them you credit card.(Especially if its Rm 106)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and daughter stayed here April 11 and 12th for USC accepted students weekend. We chose it for the close proximity to the University. Never again! The room was dirty. The bathroom filthy, with mold, mildew, and stains on the toilet seat. The sink didn't drain, and when they reported it they were told "Yeah, we know." but NEVER fixed it. It also smelled mildewy. Stay elsewhere, this is not worth it. There is no breakfast. We stay at comfort/clarion hotels often when traveling. This was the worst ever.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family