“You have to try this place!”
Review of Solstice Kitchen

Solstice Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Solstice Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,026 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Clemson Road
Description: Our cuisine can be labeled many things, but it is most definitely seasonal. Our service is professional, yet far from stuffy. Our décor is modern, yet simple, and our wine list is extensive. Perhaps most important of all, everyone from our servers and bartenders, to our chefs and management, are among the most dedicated service industry professionals in our community.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful 4th anniversary dinner last night. We were seated right away! Our waiter was very attentive .....we thoroughly enjoyed our meal! I had the buttermilk fried chicken .... Kudos to the chef, mac n cheese o so delightful, and best fried chicken in a long time ...my husband ordered the flat iron steak well done....he relished in the taste all night! Thanks so much everyone at solstic!

1  Thank bzlebug

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I found this place near my hotel and went due to the inventive daily specials on their website. What a great decision! Blake at the bar is welcoming, knowledgeable, professional and they have a complete well-thought out wine and cocktail program. Guests were enjoying Jalapeno Margaritas, Veuve Clicquot, and the legendary (and very very rare) Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon!
My dinner special of Miso Triggerfish with Lobster "salad" and bok choy was one of the best meals I have had recently and I travel weekly to great restaurants throughout the SE US. Very affordable, entrees $18 - $24 and libations are also fairly priced. I pity the locals who have not eaten here, they are missing out.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Recently moved to Columbia from Atlanta...we've been looking for good non-chain restaurants and received this recommendation from a neighbor. Food was decent, service was great and they use local farms and suppliers...we'd definitely come back.

1  Thank GatorGirl0309
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had the misfortune of dining at Solstice Kitchen this evening. I came with great expectations and left very disappointed. I chose to get the flank steak because the waiter indicated that it was "as tender or more so than the ribeye. Has anyone seen the TV show RAWHIDE? After sharing this piece of leather with two other members of our party, I received the affirmation that it was not fit for consumption. I politely asked the waiter if he could comp the meal, as it was essentially inedible. After checking with the manager the waiter returned and said that I could get a complimentary desert. Not only was that a totally unsatisfactory resolution to the issue, but the manager did not even have the courtesy to come to the table and offer her apologies. I feel terribly slighted and feel that customer satisfaction is not an issue at this establishment. Soltstice has not only lost my business, but that of the other members of my party.

6  Thank waltonlake
gamecock00, Owner at Solstice Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

WaltonLake,
we're very sorry you did not enjoy your steak, however a few of your details are not accurate.
1-your server told you the filet was the more tender of the steaks, but you chose the Flat Iron steak
2-we do not serve a Flank steak. you had a flat iron steak, of which we serve fifty a week, and i cannot remember a single complaint to date
3-that being said, it is certainly possible your steak was slightly overcooked, or it was not what you expected and for that we do apologize
4-A manager DID visit your table after you had your entrees for almost five minutes and your table agreed everything was good. had you let her know your unhappiness with the steak at that point, we would have gladly prepared you another
5-you did not mention your unhappiness with your steak until your server was clearing plates from you and your guests and you had eaten 95% of your steak
6-we certainly underestimated how upset you were regarding this one part of your dinner, and because you had eaten it all, and because a manager had already stopped by your table to check on how things were, we did not think it was necessary to bother your group again, thus a free dessert was our show of good faith for what seemed like a small complaint
7-we apologize again for any confusion regarding the steak and will happily refund you for it. email us at solsticekitchen@gmail.com with the necessary info and i will get a check out immediately
8-finally, please note that one experience should not make or break any business. mistakes happen. communication errors occur. we are a good restaurant however, and we hope you will join us again.

take care

Ricky Mollohan
Owner & Executive Chef

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Modern decor, experienced servers, live music on the patio, Babysitters Nights (kids are fed and attended to in a separate room, so Mom and Dad can have a special dinner alone) and even a partnership with Pupcakes for Dining with Dogs events on the patio! Menu highlights produce and meats from local farms, and food is approachable gourmet and always delicious!