“Clean and conveniently located”

SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The rooms are large, with a desk, microwave, and small refrigerator. The rooms were also clean. The bathroom was not very large for a room this size, and even though there were two separate sinks in two separate areas, there was not much counter space. The property is located within walking distance to restaurants and shops. There is a nice business area set up downstairs with 2 computers, a large workspace, and a printer. The fitness center was small, but not busy. Breakfast was nice, but was missing waffles. This is one of the few properties without a waffle maker. Overall, a comfortable place to stay during a visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Hello FlaLove2Travel!
Thank you for choosing our SpringHill Suites for your stay in Downtown Columbia/Vista. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others here on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and our amenities!

With regards to waffles during your stay, we offer two breakfast options with items rotating, in order to give our guest variety. I apologize that the waffles were not available during your stay. We always offer waffles on the weekends as well as holidays. Thank you for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future!

Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is modern, clean and comfortable. The rooms are huge. We loved the split bathroom. Free breakfast was better than we expected for Marriott. The location is perfect for visiting USC. If my son picks this school we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property being modern, clean and comfortable. We are also glad you loved the split bathroom and that our rooms are 25% larger than the average hotel room. Here’s to you hopefully becoming a GAMECOCK as we look forward to having the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I'd give them one more try to get it right. I checked in at 11pm on a Monday. Check in was quick and the night staff clerk was the best employee I met. The lobby and entrance are a but grander than any other Springhill I've seen.

The room was clean and standard for this brand. It had the nice split bathroom. My only issues for this room were that there wasn't a channel guide anywhere and the AC needs a deflector. I had to remove the bench and lean the iron boards against the curtain to make sure the chill came in. After my remodel it cooled in about fifteen minutes.

The parking lot was pretty full and it's a long walk at night. Unload your bags in the front drive. There was a homeless guy sleeping on the bench next to the hotel exit on Lady and Huger.

The next morning at breakfast the sausage links were rock hard. I asked the staffer and was ignored. I found their attempt at charcuterie was really good. It was untouched so I ate most of it. I found the hotel on Yelp that morning and try to use their check in coupon for a free beverage. The manager was pretty adamant that it's only for use at the bar at night which was closed well before my arrival at 11pm. That interaction really rubbed me the wrong way.

I'd give them one more try if in the area and needed to be downtown.

• Stayed: August 2013
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay at our property. We thank you for commenting on how quick and wonderful the night staff team member was during your check-in. I look forward to sharing your great comments with them as well as the entire team. I am also pleased to hear that you like the design of the split bathroom.
However, I am very sorry that the AC unit did not cool properly without setting up a deflector. I will be addressing this concern with the maintenance team. I also apologize for the service you received by our breakfast team member. We have been very excited about our new breakfast items. I will definitely address the quality of the sausage link. Please accept my apology for the interaction you and I had during your departure and I will certainly reevaluate the promotional item listed on Yelp. Also, we are working very hard with the City to eliminate any issue with individuals loitering nearby. We always want our guest to feel safe and secure while at the hotel as well as to feel safe walking to and from the hotel to visit the many wonderful restaurants, shops, and attractions in the local area.
Thank you again for your feedback. My team and I appreciate you staying with us and we hope you choose to return to let us show you our BEST! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have further comments or questions. I welcome your correspondence.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The hotel was built in 2009. It has a very modern flare to it. The lobby has a meeting area with booths and LCD TV's at each of the booths. The lobby also has a breakfast/lounge area with a big screen TV. You can purchase drinks and light appetizers. The hot breakfast is "free". Filling enough to start the day. Eggs, meat, cereals, fruit etc. We had a King suite with sleep sofa. Our room was large and very nice. The shower and sink were in a separte area with a sliding frosted door. The toilet and small sink were in another area with a sliding door...not much privacy. Our room also had a microwave, refigerator and small wet bar. It is located in a referbished textile area of the town with lots of different restaurants. Very nice place to stay and very clean! We definately would stay here again. Marriott rates it a category #5 very high and true to it's rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the building where you check in. When arriving you are facing the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank horsecountry250
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Thank you very much for this terrific review! Great reviews like this mean a great deal to our entire team, and I assure you I will share this with all. The greatest compliment we can receive is that you will return again. We sincerely thank you for that! We do hope to have you as our guest very soon. Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel during our most recent trip to Columbia South Carolina and was totally satisfied with my choice. Don't let the outside appearance fool you because it is all first class accommodations inside. This is the cleanest SpringHill Suite that I have ever stayed in. My family was really amazed because of the cleanliness and the way the suite looked. It is deceiving if you just take a look at the outside appearance with the building being made out of bricks. It is located across from amarket place and within walking distance to the downtown. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from and also clubs or bars to experience. Parking is free and secured and the breakfast menu is not monotonous. Lots of choices for breakfast. The staff are all well accommodating and friendly. I would surely stay at this hotel once again if i visit Columbia South Carolina in the future.

Room Tip: Publix Market is just across from the hotel and groceries are reasonably priced. Higher floor rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy L
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for the five star rating of our SpringHill Suites Downtown/In the Vista. We are glad you loved our suites and felt that it is the cleanest SpringHill Suites you have visited. The staff, we agree, is fantastic, and we receive so many wonderful reviews of them. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our new breakfast and the complimentary parking.

We look forward to having you visit again during your next visit to Columbia, SC.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Have been staying here numerous times on business and like coming back. Clean, modem rooms, in convenient waking distance to some great restaurants. Plenty of parking and free WiFi are a plus. Friendly staff. The only few back is that the pool is indoor only...

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DaddyScholz
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at our SpringHill Suites Downtown Columbia. I am happy to read from your review that you enjoy staying with us regularly and that our location, complimentary parking, and complimentary WIFI are perfect for you. Thank you very much for your continued business and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I had a great stay (just one night) at this hotel. My room was lovely - the decor was nice. The place is new and in great condition. Also nice for business travelers the hotel has food in the evening as well as a bar. I didn't try either on this trip but they're nice to have. The free breakfast was ok - nothing to get too excited about - but certainly competent and plentiful. The location of the hotel is great and you can walk to all the restaurants and attractions of The Vista. I've had good experiences with other hotels in the Vista but I think this was my favorite.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank susanjb
SpringHillColaSC, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Susanjb, thank you for your feedback! I am happy to say that starting July 1st we have changed our breakfast offerings. We now have lots of fresh and healthy items as well as some options to indulge in. When you return to Columbia be sure to come back and see us!

Jacob Toda