SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista
  • Restaurant
Columbia Marriott(Columbia)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewspublix grocery storetoilet and sinkwithin walking distanceseparate roomssliding doorsleeping areamodern designstreet noisesc statewould stay here againfree breakfastvisit columbialoved this hotelrestaurants and shopshotel locationnumerous restaurantswaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here for our daughter's visit to USC. It is an excellent location if the school is what brings you to the area. There are a few hotels closer, but we didn't know the city at all when making the reservation. As it turns out, we didn't do too bad. It was just a short drive to campus where we were allowed to park free at the admissions office since we had a rescheduled visit. This hotel lives up to the quality expected of its namesake. The lobby and rooms were clean and well maintained. Check in was quick and our reservation was in order upon arrival. Parking is free and off the street, which is always a bonus when staying in the city. The breakfast was the usual Marriott fare including pastries, fruits, cereals, yogurt, waffles, eggs, sausage.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SpringHillColaSC, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Redelaneymd,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! I'm happy to hear that our hotel was able to meet all of your travel needs. Hopefully USC will be your daughter's school of choice and we'll have the opportunity to accommodate you much in the future!

Audra Wood
Guest Care Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The décor is contemporary and unique. I was fascinated with the way the small room was designed and decorated to feel large and comfortable, AND attractive. Instructions for getting onto Wi-Fi for my android smart phone were not clear, so I had to call the tech services number and did get good help. The continental breakfast was just fine. BUT, why do these hotels have to use those fake eggs!! and I think the sausage was fairly cheap. I would have liked less choices and better eggs and sausage. A friend traveling with us had a room that was near the street and heard sirens off and on all night. Our room was quiet. Fitness room nice and pool nice.
...btw, reviews for pizza and Mexican restaurants were not good, and we didn't want to drive to the recommended, average priced tavern, so we walked to Publix and got "supper" to eat in the dining area of the lobby. Had a fun indoor picnic.

Room Tip: rooms facing streets are noisy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

92ncca,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm glad the set up of our rooms worked so well for you! Next time you're passing through Columbia, we hope you'll look to us again to meet your travel needs.

Audra Wood
Guest Care Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This place was great! I checked in late and they had suggestions for dinner as well as a nicely stocked mini store. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room! The hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. The continental breakfast was great! I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014
SpringHillColaSC, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Liz S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback! I hope you get to visit Columbia again soon and will look to us for your hotel needs

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I really liked our room in this hotel. I wanted something nice but not outrageous for my little mother/daughter weekend trip to the Edventure Children's Museum. My daughters loved this room! It is very serene and nicely decorated. The staff is very pleasant. The only advice I would give someone wanting to stay in this hotel is to make sure and request a room facing the parking lot. I didn't know this and was given a room overlooking the main highway in front of the hotel. The traffic is very loud and barely slows down in the early morning hours. This isn't something that the hotel can help so, just be aware of this when checking in. I got up a few times during the night to adjust the air so that the noise of the fan could cover the traffic sounds somewhat. I plan to bring my children to the museum again this summer and to surrounding attractions so I will definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room facing the parking lot to avoid traffic noise. This is very important!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jewelya5,

Thank you for choosing us for your mother/daughter weekend. I hope your trip to EdVenture was a success and the rest of your travels were smooth. See you in the summer!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We chose this hotel for convenience because we were touring the University of South Carolina and the surrounding area. We were pleased to find the room very clean and updated. The food offered at breakfast was fresh and replenished often. The staff was very polite and helpful and the hotel was convenient to the school and surrounding sights. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jenny W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and will recommend us to others. That is our pay off for a great experience! Thank you for choosing us for your hotel needs.