SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista
US$156
US$140
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspublix grocery storetoilet and sinkwithin walking distanceseparate roomssliding doorsleeping areamodern designstreet noisesc statewould stay here againfree breakfastvisit columbialoved this hotelrestaurants and shopshotel locationnumerous restaurantswaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2009

My family and I stayed here for one night following a Carolina football game. The check in was quick and easy, but the front desk employees are not very informative, nice but sort of short and seemed in a hurry although the lobby was empty . The hotel itself is acutally very nice. The decor is modern and stylish and the hotel was very clean. The rooms were large with two flat screen TV's. The bathroom was also very nice as it has one room with the toliet and a separate room for the shower. The beds were extremely comfortable, with down comforters and pillows. We asked for extra pillows when we made our online reservation and we had them in our room upon arrival. The sofa converts to a bed but we did not use it. They have a free continental breakfast in the mormings, but it ended at 9 am so we did not take advantage of it. Checkout is 12 pm, which is also a nice touch. I have read several complaints about being charged for smoking in the rooms. Their policy clearly states that you will be charged for smoking in the rooms with a $250 fine. If you smoke, do not stay here and risk it, if you don't, you will be fine as we don't and had no problems. Overall, this is a very nice hotel in downtown and is close to the Vista, many restaurants and Williams Brice Stadium. I will for sure stay here again when I visit Columbia.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank tamtodd
Reviewed 2 November 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one night and everything was fine. The hotel is beautiful and the lady at the front desk was pleasant. The location is good if you're a partier because "the vista" has many clubs. But here's my story... we got charged $250 extra because they claimed that we smoked in the room. None of my friends smoke and neither do I. I was the last person to leave the room and was aware that no one had smoked there. We did leave a small mess but hey it was already time to check out and that's what room service is for right? So turns out that they took "pictures" of ashes and it smelled like smoke in the room which was a complete lie. When I checked out everything was fine but when I looked at my account I had $750 charged from this hotel onto my account... for a room that costs $110. So I call and speak to 2 managers and they basically tell me tough luck, we have proof, make a dispute with your bank. And I did. They were very rude to me. I knew 2 other people who stayed there that night so I asked them if the got penalty charges as well. The one female said no and she said she left her room clean, with a $10 tip. Now the male said he also left his room messy and they also charged him an extra $250, claiming he smoked, when he doesn't smoke. These people will scam you for your money. Be careful. Pay in cash. Or make sure you personally walk through with them before you check out.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank girllygirl2108
Reviewed 24 August 2009

i recently stayed in this hotel with a friend while visiting my daughter at school. the
location was perfect, close to all the restaurants in the vista area and close to usc.
the rooms are all very modern and had all the conveniences. the only problem was
the air conditioning. i had the air turned down to 60 and still could not get cooled off.
i noticed the air in the hallway was a little better but still not as cold as you would
expect, especially in humid columbia. i would probably stay here again but i would
definitely check the room first to make sure its cool.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank dpars
Reviewed 19 August 2009

I was excited to stay at this hotel, since I had heard that it was brand new. I generally like Spring Hill Suites, however this modern hotel has some kinks. The spare modern design is pleasing to the eye, however ignores some major utilitarian features. There are not enough towel racks. Actually, outside of a robe hook, there is no place to dry your towel. or anything else. It's the same in the "toilet room". This is a sink and a towel is provided, but no place to hang a towel.

These are minor embellishments when compared with the real issue. This morning when I woke up, there was a 2 inch roach on the carpet. I was disgusted. When I reported it to the front desk manager, he was courteous, said he was sorry, and that they would take care of it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank pads486
Reviewed 3 August 2009

A group of friends stayed at the hotel the past weekend. The hotel room was perfect for 5 of us - with the pull out couch. The decor was modern and sleak. However, there was alot of people hanging outside at all hours of the night drinking, smoking and loitering. I am not sure if they were actual guests but they just overtook the front areas. It made for a very unconfrontable walk up to the doors. We actually saw a group of guys about to fight. We were not expecting this type of atmosphere for such a brand new hotel.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends