“Nigel is the best at Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia North 2 Notch Rd”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
Ranked #41 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I love this hotel. It has been remodeled and looks great...The staff is extra nice, but I have to point out one staff member in particular, Nigel, he went beyond my expectations. I was at the hotel for a Christmas function and he made sure that our every need was met.(not to mention he is very funny), Now a days good associates are hard to find.

Last but not least, this hotel had the best sliced roast beef I have ever had at any hotel/restaurant
Hats off to the chef. The dinner was fantastic.

I would highly reccomend this hotel. If you don't stay here, you won't meet Nigel and you will definately miss the boat.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Keta F,

Thank you for your kind words about Nigel. He does do everything he can to make all our guests feel welcomed and make sure all their needs are met. We are delighted you were able to experience his greatness.

Please keep us in mind for dinner sometime since you enjoyed the roast beef for your Christmas party. We are open to the public every night starting at 530pm.

Amy T

Reviewed 29 November 2012

Essentially, I have been staying here over 2.5 years while on a consulting contract at BCBS SC. Over that time many of the folks here have been like family to me. The list is long but I want to especially recognize the following folks for both their hard work and efforts to make my stay special. Jodi, Mary, Devin, Claudia, Jordan, Heather, Amy, Catrina, Tina, Kaila, Emilio, Steven, Tony and CW. The list coversw the front desk where I have spent many a night BSing with the Night auditors, the Resturant/Bar area and the Maintenance folks that fix the little things I run into occassionally. Friendly folks. Oh ya, the Hotel is really good too :) I have stayed in just about every room type and on every floor so I feel comfortable recommending it to my business associates that find themselves needing a room for a night or a month or 3. Good Job folks.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are away from traffic and the morning Sun. The internet works best from wired jac...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Dear DSandman999,

We thank you for your continued loyalty to not only the Holiday Inn brand but to our hotel. It is nice to know that we are doing a great job at keeping our guests satisfied and keep coming back. Thank you for all your kind words regarding our staff. We are working hard to make certain each guest has a memorable experience.

Thanks again. We will see you soon!!

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Arrived at 6:00 pm in late November, Claudia asked if we had coupons, wife said yes. Looks upscale compared to other hotels. Revamped lobby but looks like aged bldg. Room was $111.00 but had to leave $200- deposit and sign a release form. I'm already having a bad taste in my mouth. Internet wi-fi is very slow, like dial up.Decided to eat in their restaurant, we both had Ribs, veggies cold and ribs crunchy? sent back one order, Wife decided to have rib steak, it was chewy and veggies tepid. My ribs were ok. Room was very clean, tiny pillows but the worst was the heat. The auto was not keeping the temp on or off. No safety bar in the bathtub and who want fluorescent bulbs in the room? Paid for breakfast tomorrow morning, we will have to see.

Stayed: November 2012

Dear Jerry D,

First, thank you for choosing to stay at our property during your travels, and I appreciate all your feedback. It is the only way for us to know where we can improve for our future guests.

Upon arrival you mentioned that you were asked if we take coupons, while I do not know the specific conversation, I do know that we do not and you might have been asked if you have any discounts. You were given a discounted rate based on the information you provided. I apologize for any miscommunication with the coupons.

As for the $200.00 security deposit, we do require all guests that choose to pay with cash to provide either a credit card for potential incidentals or a $200.00 security deposit. I regret that this gave you a bad impression, however, it is our hotel policy.

I addressed the issue you had with your dinner in our Living Room Lounge with our kitchen manager; she apologized for not preparing the steak the way you wanted the first time but stated you were happy with the next round of food she brought out. I do know waiting for this must have been an inconvenience.

Our housekeeping staff works hard so I am pleased you found your room nice and tidy. The Holiday Inn is revamping their specifications on pillows and we will be receiving all new ones once they are available. I hope these will be more comfortable for you in the future. You mentioned a problem with the heat in your room. Did you let the desk know so we could have it fixed during your stay? We would have been more than willing to help you move rooms and accommodate you in every way. It is difficult to know what, if any, problems our guests have unless they tell us while they are here.

I do apologize for all the issues you experienced while at our hotel. I would like to invite you back in the future so we can give you a true representation of what we are all about at the Holiday Inn Columbia North.

Regards,
Amy T

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Columbia on Two Notch road during the Thanksgiving holiday. I found the Holiday Inn to be a haven of comfort, peace and quiet during an otherwise busy and somewhat raucous time at my parents' home just minutes away. The hotel looks and feels new though the building has been there for a decade or more. The rooms have all of the modern amenities you would want in an upscale hotel: great bed, marble bathroom, flat screen tv, and very cool locks on the doors. This is the first hotel I have seen with locks that operate on some sort of radio frequency which is much easier than the sliding keys that are easily demagnetized when they touch a credit card in your wallet. The service at the front desk was great too. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking lodging in the Northeast area of Columbia.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear rdglobetrotter,

We are so pleased you chose our hotel to stay while visiting the area during your holiday vacation. It is satisfying to know you appreciate the peace and quiet nature of our property as well as the decor and modern upgrades of our building.

We pride ourselves on not only providing stellar customer service but also enabling comfort and ease for all our guests. You mentioned our magnetic key system. This new design of locks prevents the normal demagnetizing friction that causes so many guests issues with their keys during their stays at other hotels. It virtually eliminates going up to your room, realizing your key is not working and having to venture back down to get keys remade. That entire process is time consuming and big disservice to our valued guests. It is a great feature of our property, and I am so pleased you noticed this upgrade.

We hope you visit us while you are in the area again visiting your family. Our Living Room Lounge is open in the evenings for a relaxing environment by the fire. This is a great "getaway" from the the hustle of holiday's.

Thank you again for choosing Holiday Inn.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I want to thank the reception staff. Heather and Devin for being polite and friendly. It is so nice to see a pleasent and smiling face when checking in. The rooms are always clean and tidy. I will always stay here when coming to Columbia

Dear Mark C,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our front desk agents Heather and Devin. They work hard to provide our guests with prompt and excellent customer service. I will be sure to pass on your appreciation with them and the rest of our staff. It is so pleasing to know that you will always chose our property while in Columbia.

Thank you for your continued business. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2012

With my work, I drive I-77 thru Columbia, SC on a very regular basis. When my travels require an overnight stay, my company has always booked my reservations at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North. From the easy access right off the highway to the great accommodations, I have nothing but praise for this location. A special thanks to two members of the staff - Claudia and Devin - as both were very helpful when my company made a last minute modification to my scheduled stay. What a pleasure to experience "true customer service" after a long day of work and travel! The repeat business they will receive from my company is the best testimony I can provide of this hotel !!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
8105hotelgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear RoadTech32,

We are thrilled you stay with us so frequently and we meet your expectations every time! I pass these reviews on to our entire hotel staff; they love to see they are doing their job in pleasing our dedicated guests.

Next time you are here, please stop in and say hello. I am new to the property and am delighted to meet all the frequent guests at our hotel.

Thank you for your kind words and see you soon!!

Reviewed 24 November 2012

For those of us who drive back and forth from the north to the south, it is very handy to have a great hotel right off the highway that not only has great rooms but a restaurant too.
Customer service was great. Claudia at the front desk was very helpful. We had a question about the shower and she had the answer. There was no waiting to find out ,she knew what she was talking about. I stay at a lot of Holiday Inns and for customer service and rooms it was fantastic, If you want to stop this is the place to go.

Room Tip: The suites have great jacuzzis!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear BDMNH9,

Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts about us and our hotel. We truly appreciate your loyalty to Holiday Inn and IHG properties.

Since you travel back and forth along the coast frequently, please call us ahead of time to book a room under an advance purchase discounted rate.

We are pleased you enjoy our Living Room Lounge and breakfast restaurant, 8105 Bistro. We also have happy hour daily with great drink specials.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,