“This place is awful!”

Ranked #79 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Wimberley, Texas
“This place is awful!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My son and I stayed there when visiting my husband after he graduated basic training. We got moved THREE times. The first room's lock wouldn't work. The second room's AC was broken, and the third room's bathtub started LEAKING on the people below us while I was bathing my son. It was ridiculous. They have no WiFi, and although the location is close to a lot of things, you definitely get what you pay for. The rooms were all dirty and the place was dead. It was an absolutely horrific experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Caitlyn W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge while visiting my son at Fort Jackson for Graduation. It is very well located to Fort Jackson and the surrounding area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was also very well maintained and cleaned

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This place is terrible. All around bad stay. Lots of workers stay there as well as it had police there for multiple calls the night we stayed beds and rooms were nasty. Hardly any parking. Don't believe me then take the risk. And it was way overpriced.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank midway653
virginia
Reviewed 5 May 2008

This hotel was nothing like the pictures. My room was horrific with wooden boards as a bed frame, drywall peeling in the restroom, and the door to my room (108) look as if it was kicked in previously! Please do not stay here!

• Liked — hot water
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mrsann
CT
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Drove to SC and my GPS tells me to take a turn off exit, and "we arrived at destination" - but no Econo Lodge in sight - so we turned around, and there it was---GPS gave wrong direction for leaving freeway exit.

We were checked in quickly by a very polite and friendly woman. She read my online requests (refrig/microwave, first floor) - and she was able to accomodate all of them.

Room was clean when we walked in. Bed/sheets were clean. Bath was clean with only 2 of the larger towels and 2 small ones as well as wash cloths. I'd prefer more large towels when more than one person is in room.

We were located at backside of hotel, so near pool, which was clean and a nice way to cool off from the 103 degree weather!!

After looking room over more closely, I did notice that the door to bathroom had a whole in it (no big deal, as I never closed it anyways), and in the front of our room, it looked like ceiling was peeling/ready to fall down - my guess was it was from the air conditioner in the room above ours?

Other than that, the room was clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and polite and helpful with directions.

Free breakfast we had once - it was mini donuts, 2 choices of cereal, and some other large donuts - nothing fancy - we got there about 8:30, so I don't think we missed the good stuff - so the breakfast could be better.

But for the price I paid, I'm happy and would stay here again.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — no onsite restaurant
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family