“Quiet, very pleasant stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia at Harbison
Ranked #46 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Milford, OH
“Quiet, very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

From the moment my daughter and I walked, in, Ed White made us feel like welcome guests at this hotel northwest of downtown on I-26. We had a very spacious, comfortable, upscale- furnishings suite on woods side of the property. We were too late for cookies that night, but the price was quite affordable. Breakfast the next morning was way below this chain's usual fare. We ended up going to a nearby Chick-fil-a, which needs to be added to the cost of staying here. But we had such a good experience at check-in, and a good night's sleep, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I have stayed here on three different trips in the last few months. The staff members are very nice. Breakfast quality is uneven. For example, some days there is fruit but not every day. Cable service is limited and does not include any movie channels. On one trip I was given a room that had not been cleaned; on another visit I was given a room that was already occupied. One room had soiled towels in the bathroom. I would, though, stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't take a room by the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2012

After a long day on the road for my job I was ready to call it a day. The hotel had everything ready when I walked in and I was on my way to my room in just a few minutes. Room was clean and had everything I needed. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank joefromjohnsisland
Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Great breakfast area. Nice rooms the beds were comfortable. Microwave and a nice size mini refrigerator. Easy access from parking lot. Stairs to 2nd floor from lobby need to take elevator to other floors from lobby. Indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed June 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times now and last year I gave them a 5 star review. This year's stay warrants a poor rating as far as I'm concerned. The hotel itself is just fine; the room is quite comfortable and clean (except for the confetti we found on the carpet this year). The breakfast was wonderful. Here's where they fall off the wagon with me. We checked out of our hotel just before 8AM...the front desk manager threw my keys on the desk in front of her and when I said "is that all" she said "yes" and we left. So far, so good. About 2 days later, while enjoying a wonderful family vacation in Florida, I was checking my credit card statement and found a charge of $150. had been added to it by this hotel. When I called them, they told me we had been smoking in our room and that's the charge. Well...NONE of our party are smokers and the reason I seek out non-smoking facilities is because I'm ALLERGIC to the stuff. The manager would not even listen to us, let alone give us the benefit of the doubt. She told us we had checked out at 11 AM and when cleaning staff went in at 11:30 there were "ashes on the air conditioning unit". Well...we checked out at 8 AM and were in Georgia by 11 AM. So, I'm wondering who was doing the smoking in our room! At any rate, we requested to speak to the General Manager and apparently he doesn't accept phone calls and doesn't have an email address and doesn't have an office in this hotel. We left messages for him to return our calls and he, apparently, doesn't return calls either. After several attempts to reason with this front desk manager, we took our story to Customer Care at the Head office of Country Inn & Suites (after getting home from our holiday) and within 2 days the charge had been reversed. The people at Customer Care were wonderful and prompt to take care of our concerns - I am so glad to have had a place to call, & people who believed us and acted upon it. I have to tell you that on our way home from our trip, we stayed in a different Country Inn & Suites in a different city and upon our departure, I had the front desk come with me to our room to make sure this wasn't going to happen again. I was so mad at being unjustly accused and it did wreck a couple of days holidays just thinking about it. I have not received an apology or any communication from this hotel, sadly. So...Buyer Beware!!! Make sure they secure your keys, and have them check your room BEFORE you leave. I will NOT ever stay in this hotel again, but I will stay in other Country Inn & Suites, as they have been great hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank reynoldszoo
Mts of western NC
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This is a relatively new motel easily reached from the interstate. The rooms and carpets are barely 'broken in' which is really nice. The thermostat worked flawlessly and everything was clean in the room. A nice TV, fridge, and microwave were all inside our basic room. I personally did not like the pillows or bedding (I thought too hard) but my wife was OK with it. No exhaust fan in the bathroom was hard to fathom and a quick shower steamed the place up which will result in 'issues' as the motel gets older. The elevator is as slow as molasses which is also strange for a new place. Outside of these nitpicky problems we would highly recommend this motel while it is in such nice shape. The parking is easy and appears safe. We don't care about breakfast but I always glance inside and take a look in case something surprises me. At 08:40 on a Sunday morning the food was basically gone. I mean nothing was out except for 3 yogurt cups. You better get up early if it matters to you.

Room Tip: Avoid a room next to the ice machines. We had a room at the opposite end by the stairwell and it was...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed here overnight on my way to Thanksgiving with family. It was a cozy hotel with comfortable beds. The only complaint would be thin walls as there was a baby crying most of the night that I could hear. But it was a nice hotel and I have a stay booked again soon! Good breakfast and cookies at check in :)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo