“Always great food and entertainment”

Sato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #648 of 998 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My family has been gathering here for years and we always enjoy the hibachi atmosphere and the show put on by the chefs. We have probably sampled 80% of the menu and it is all good.

1  Thank Berkeley F

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I loved the food especially steak and chicken. chef were very funny and nice when me and my girlfriend went there for dinner. we would definitely go there again!

1  Thank beanne j
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The worst quality food, the air was so thick with smoke from each grill that it was hard to breathe and the carpet was actually wet under our feet (was like this throughout the restaurant--walked to/from front door and restroom). Whole place needs either to be torn down or closed. When I arrived home I became very sick...obviously won't be back.

3  Thank LoveSC2
Reviewed 10 October 2012

On October 05, 2012, my family and myself went to Sato for Dinner, around 6:30 P.M., We have been there many times, Started gong there when it was Kyoto's and was great.
I noticed the parking lot was not crouded nor the Resturant. There has always been a waiting period. I had chicken and steak, my son-in-law had the filet I don't remember what the women had. They no longer use white meat for chicken and the Filet I noticed was just a piect of beef without bone. The steak in my dish was tough and a lot of fat, the rice was scorched, the chicken was rubbery. I could only eat the vegetables and a little rice. My Son-in-law did not finish his Filet and that is something he has never done before. The women left almost all their food on the plate. It appears they are triming back the quality of their food and they have raised their prices.
I don't think We will be returning, any time soon.

2  Thank lawman94
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Wow! I have never been to a japanese restaurant this bad. The shrimp had a bad taste, the meat was very low quality and the air conditioner was not working properly. It was very expensive for the poor food we got.. The service was good though, but if I spend a hundred dollars on two adults and two kid, I expect it to be good.. Never again for me.

2  Thank Lostcaliboy