“Probably the coolest place I've ever been.”

EdVenture Children's Museum
Ranked #9 of 108 things to do in Columbia
More attraction details
Owner description: EdVenture Children's Museum in Columbia, SC is ready to take you on an interactive journey that will open doors to new ways of exploring your world. From romping through the amazing anatomy of EDDIE(R), the world's largest child, to firefighting on a full-size fire truck or discovering the mysteries of DNA, EdVenture is the perfect destination for curious minds and the ultimate launch pad for sparking imaginations! Behind EdVenture's doors, are nine world-class exhibit galleries, a library, learning laboratories, resource centers and other visitor amenities. Two additional outdoor gallery spaces are located just outside the museum's front doors. Within the total 92,000 square feet that is EdVenture Children's Museum, there are more than 350 individual hands-on experiences!
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I took a trip to Edventure a few weeks ago with my cousin and her nephews. We went on a Wednesday morning and spent about 2 1/2 hours there. It was great! I think I loved it even more than the kids. There are tons of things to do and your child will not be bored. I think my favorite part definitely has to be climbing inside of Eddie, the 40 ft statue. You will not be disappointed if you decide to visit.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

There were too many exhibits that didnt work. The ones that did, you couldnt get to. They need to go through in groups so that all the children could get a turn with the exhibits. Too many children not supervised. My kids would wait in line forever to get a turn with the exhibits only for other children to push past them a cut in line. There has been no upkeep of this museum. My family and I looked forward to this visit, only to be let down greatly. I will never return or suggest anyone waste their money to go.

3  Thank Brent J
Reviewed 17 April 2014

kids cannot be watched while playing in Eddie or fire area crawl tunnels. Too much for us, we get separated every visit. For a young kid wanting to just play make believe..farm, grocery store, etc. Craft area was awful!

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Lots of up dates needed... Several places not functional... Maybe ok with very young... Write have been nice to know that so much was not functional

3  Thank Christian B
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Love to take young children to EdVenture! So much to see and do! It is fun to watch kids explore and discover all that is offered.
My only criticism is that the museum gets so much use and abuse from its young patrons that many of the interactive exhibits, which is most, are often out of order or very worn looking. I am sure it requires more than the normal amount of maintenance but it would be time and money we'll spent to keep everything up to snuff, so as to keep attracting visitors.

2  Thank CamdenVol

Been to EdVenture Children's Museum? Share your experiences!