“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 97 Hotels in Columbia
Matthews, United States
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We usually stay at the Hilton Gardens when we travel. This one had a problem with the pool heater but when they saw that we had anticipated using the pool, the upgraded our room with out hesitation and followed up to ensure that we were happy with our stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Nicholas C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel in Columbia, SC. We appreciate your patronage to our property and your understanding over the pool’s temporary closure for service. I’m happy to hear our team was able to upgrade your room to make up for the inconvenience. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Northeast Columbia.

Thanks again,
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia (Northeast)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Miami Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We only stayed for one night but the hotel staff and accommodations were top notch. Kevin at the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous and the room was in great condition. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Carmen B,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast. Thank you for your nice comments; Kevin will be happy to hear about your experience. We look forward to your visit the next time you need a hotel in Columbia, SC.

Patrick Haire Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC (Northeast)
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Standard Hilton Garden Inn. HGI is my preferred hotel for normal vacation/business travel. I am a member of Hilton Honors. Just so you know, there are not many dining options in the immediate vicinity of this hotel - with the exception of fast food. I had to wait a short time (maybe 5 minutes - no big deal) at the desk when I arrived, as the front desk person was off tending to another issue. However, when she arrived, she promptly checked me in and gave me 2 bottles of water. #1 - My first issue with the hotel, however minor, is the parking. When I arrived the only parking was at the back of the hotel, near the end of the building. However, there did not appear to be a door at that end of the hotel. There were a couple of buses in the parking lot which took up several parking spots, this made parking at a premium. #2 - My other issue, again minor, is the morning breakfast. I generally do not partake of hotel breakfast, so I have limited experience, however I have stayed at other brands of hotels and received free continental breakfast. When I arrived at the dining area there was no sign indicating a charge for the breakfast, not was there a hostess. In this instance I was allowed to make my plate, sit down and eat, and even went to the bar 2 more times, I was never informed of a price. As I was about to leave, one of the barstaff asked me if I had a voucher or if I wished to charge the cost to the room. I questioned the charge since I was not aware there would be a charge. Since I had already checked out f my room, charging to my room was not possible, so I paid the cost. My issue is there should be a sign or other suitable means of informing guests there is a charge for the breakfast. This is a minor issue and I guess from now on I will ask beforehand.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank EarthlyExplorer
Dear EarthlyExplorer,

We are honored to hear you have chosen Hilton Garden Inn as your preferred hotel. We appreciate your business and loyalty. Thank you for making us aware of the confusion over the hotel’s breakfast at our on-site restaurant, the Great American Grill. As reference for future visits to our hotel, we do offer packages that include cook-to-order breakfast with your stay. Please feel free to contact our front desk at 1-803-807-9000 for details. In addition, our front desk staff would be happy to make recommendations on nearby dining options as well. Again, thank you for choosing our Columbia South Carolina hotel. We look forward to seeing you again here at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Northeast.

Safe travels,
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

The rooms are large, comfortable, quiet, tastefully furnished, and clean, but what makes this hotel five-star is the service. The staff is among the most solicitous I've ever encountered and are dedicated to enhancing your stay. In addition, the on-site restaurant is outstanding, featuring a varied menu and a top-notch chef. Truly delicious. Even if you stay nearby, eat here. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Capehaze,

Thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel in Columbia SC with a five star rating. We always love to hear that our staff has exceeded our guest expectations and have made their visit that much more enjoyable. We strive to make sure our restaurant, The Great American Grill, is “top-notch” and we appreciate your recommendations. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future at our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia (Northeast).

Warm regards,
Kaitlyn Kilby, Guest Relations Manager
Oviedo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We found this HGI from a review ourselves. We highly recommend this hotel. We are very picky travelers & it exceeded our expectations. The location was convenient & quiet; new, clean, & spacious rooms; friendly & helpful staff; quality, hot, breakfast for minimal $.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Ken S
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Every good thing you expect a Hilton Garden Inn to be. Outstanding, friendly, efficient staff! I love the softness/hardness controls on the mattress and the Keurig coffee makers in the rooms. Both public and private spaces are so clean and very easy on the eyes. Thanks!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed at this property last Wednesday night and was very impressed with this Hilton Garden Inn. The breakfast is awesome (egg white omlets with spinach and suasage) and plenty of yogurt and fresh fruit. I thought Dan (manager) and Kevin at the front desk went out of their way to make me feel right at home with all my requests. I highly suggest this property because it's right off the interstate in a very central location and the beds are the most comfortable in Columbia. The General Manager Ashish is a very nice guy and truly cares about his staff and it shows. I will definitely reccommend to family and Colleagues at Wendy's.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business