“Restful Stop after a long day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
“Restful Stop after a long day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had a long day of travel from Orlando in the rain, fog and traffic. It was very nice to stay at a hotel where we could get a nice meal without going out again. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We enjoyed a nice breakfast the next morning before continuing on our trip. The room was very clean and nicely laid out.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Charles S,
Thank you for reviewing our Columbia, SC hotel. We are happy to provide an oasis for weary travelers. I’m glad you liked our on-site restaurant, the Great American Grill. I hope you had fun in Orlando and that the rest of your trip was less stressful. Thank you for staying with us at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Safe Travels,
Hilton Garden Inn – Columbia, SC Northeast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

My family and I recently had to be in Columbia, SC due to a death in the Family. When we arrived at this particular hotel we were greeted by Kevin Wood. There were six of us requiring two room with differing sleep accommodations required. Kevin went above any beyond in helping us select rooms that would work. He delivered and extra bed, helped us a place to eat and in general was just fantastic to work with. Kevin is a credit to the Hilton organization and is an asset work keeping in your organization

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear StuartD710
First and foremost we would like to express our sincere condolences. We are honored to be of service during this difficult time. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I will let Kevin know that you appreciated his kindness. Our staff strives to provide the best possible stay to all of our guests. Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast.
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn – Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast)
Lecanto, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel was very clean and in great condition. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was very good and a fairly priced. The location was convenient to I-95 and a shopping mall.

Dear Steve C,
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia SC Hotel; we really appreciate the kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, our outstanding staff, and The Great American Grill, our on-site restaurant. We hope you had a good time shopping at the mall. We look forward to serving you the next time you need a hotel in Columbia, SC.
Best wishes,
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast)
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

This hotel is in a very good location and the lobby area was nice. No breakfast with the room by the way (pay restaurant on site though).

The bed in the room was very hard. They have a dial on each side of the bed for changing the firmness and even at the "softest" setting it was still perhaps the hardest bed I have slept on Felt like plywood with a 1 inch foam pad on top. Then the heater rattled as the fan blows. Lastly the sink had no water pressure (shower was fine).

I reported all of this in the morning at the desk and the clerk did nothing other than say "thanks for staying with us".

"How was your stay?"
"Horrible, the bed was perhaps the hardest and most uncomfortable I have slept on".
"That's too bad - will you be keeping this on your credit card?"
"And the heater rattles every time the fan turns on to keep you awake".
"That's strange - we appreciate your staying with us".
"And the sink has no water pressure - it trickles out"
"Hmmm. that's unusual - we look forward to seeing you again next time"

I really think I could have said an alien had visited the room and she would have said "we appreciate your business". She also was not writing this down to send a maintenance person to at least help the next guest.

I know that I could have called the desk in the night when we figured out the bed was so hard but you know that once you get unpacked and in your pajamas the thought of getting dressed again for strangers to come in and maybe repacking to move rooms is not something you do lightly. I know too that I could have asked to speak to a manager in the morning but at this sort of hotel you just should not have to do that. The desk agent should be empowered to address issues.

If I wanted a hard bed and needing to escalate to managers I would have stayed at a cheaper hotel. At a Hilton chain, I expect (a) the rooms to be nice and (b) that I don't need to escalate things to managers. I would have expected this chain to hear these problems and offer something in terms of discount extra points, free stay, etc. Or even just the statement that all of these things will be looked at to help the next guest. Oh well.

Room Tip: Don't go for room 303!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bruce and Patri... K
GMColumbia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Patricia K,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we appreciate your loyalty. I am very disappointed to hear about your poor experience at our hotel and I can understand it can be frustrating. Let me assure you this is certainly not of a typical guest experience at our hotel.

My sincere thanks for giving us a chance to making it right. Our brand is known for standing behind our products and services; our Satisfaction Promise is proof of that. I have invoked Satisfaction Promise for you and all of the issues have been resolved. We are ranked among the top hotels due to our products and services. We care about our guests and that is what hospitality is all about.

Let me assure you that our team is dedicated to making sure each of our guests have a wonderful guest experience. Our GSS mattress can be on a bit firm side as it is very personal choice for every individual. However, adjustable GSS mattress is what sets our brand apart from the rest. Slow running water in sink was fixed the very same and a/c unit was inspected right away. Unit was operating at normal noise level, however, we feel that the cover may have come a little loose to cause some rattle.

Out team has always been empowered to refund or to do whatever we can to satisfy each and every guest. Our guests have equal power to invoke Satisfaction Promise for refund. However, majority of our guests have informed us that they are not looking for any compensation and that they would just like issues to be resolved and are making us aware of issues we need to work on. It can become difficult at times for an agent to recognize what is the best resolution. Please accept my sincerest apology and our team members are more aware.

Again, we appreciate your loyalty and hope to have you back with us on your next trip through Columbia, SC.

Regards,

Ashish Desai, GM
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

This hotel is convenient, clean, and safe. Staff are friendly and responsive. Rooms are updated, clean, fairly sound-proof (third floor, I heard the shower running in the room overhead loud and clear each morning, but I was already up!). Breakfast is not included, but the food is fresh and a good variety. Room service is also available.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank FloridaMom2010
GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear FloridaMom2010,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent visit here with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Hotel. I’m pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be clean, convenient, and safe. Our staff always strives to make each guest feel welcomed and comfortable. I’m glad to hear you were able to visit our on-site restaurant, “the Great American Grill” during your stay and enjoyed our freshly prepared, cooked-to-order breakfast. Thank you again for your four star review and we hope you’ll come stay with us again next time you visit the Columbia, South Carolina area.

Warm regards,
Elloree, SC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Very good restaurant personnel, good food, prompt service. The room was not top notch, (Needed Vacuum) overall good, James is an asset to Hilton Gardens. The entire SCAA would like to thank the staff for all of the assistance in helping us conduct a success convention.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dear J Tony A,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast). We are so honored to have hosted the South Carolina Auctioneers Association’s convention and we hope you’ll keep us in mind for your next event. I will let our Housekeeping Manager know about the vacuuming concern and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you again for choosing our Columbia, SC Hotel and we hope to see you all again soon.

Best regards,
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was very pleased with the conditions and comfort of my stay. My family was also comfortable and loved it. I must admit I don't usually stay at a Hilton due to price but they gave a discount for those of us that where with the gymnastic competition. I hope to be able to find a good deal on another one it was a great stay Julie Ayers

Dear Mrs. Ayers,

Thank you for your five star rating of our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast). I’m pleased that you had an enjoyable, comfortable stay with us. I hope you also had a wonderful time at the gymnastics competition. We hope that whether it’s gymnastics or vacation, you’ll come visit us again in the future!

Warm regards,