“Best Possible Hotel Experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This had to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was excellent. The room was large and clean including the bathroom. Excellent amenities. And the bed was so comfortable. I have never stayed at a hotel with buffet breakfast where there is a waiter to bring the plate(s) to your table. Can't say enough good things about this location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomWilliams22
GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Tom Williams,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast Hotel. We are so happy that you had a great experience with us. The staff is always excited when their hard work gets recognized. We appreciate all the compliments and you for taking the time to review our hotel in Columbia, SC. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I travel to Columbia a minimum of 8 times a year. I have been disappointed by several hotels I've stayed in. I was so excited to find this HGI so close to where I need to be. This hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, the hotel staff is nice, and there is a restaurant/bar right on site. The food at the American Grill is tasty. And the the servers were pleasant.
The work facilities were also above average for a hotel. This will be my new hotel of choice when going to Columbia.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Suzie F,

Thank you for the great review of our Columbia, SC hotel. We are honored to be your hotel of choice in Columbia. I am glad that you were able to take full advantage of our convenient location and on-site restaurant and lounge, the Great American Grill. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Northeast Hotel.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I recently traveled to Columbia SC, unexpected last minute trip to attend a funeral of my uncle. Needless to say it was a very stressful and frustrating tme for myself and family. Hilton Garden Inn exceeded our expectations. Truthfully, this was our first stay with the Hilton family and with all the fears of viewing pictures online it's very rare that the online pictures reflect true conditions of the establishment. Not so with Hilton Garden Columbia/Northeast. The rooms were immaculate, hotel staff was really friendly very knowledgeable not to mention most accommodating meeting our every request. OMG the cook to order breakfast was to die for. Overall everything was absolutely perfect at not such a great time for me and my family.

Kevin was our first point of contact at the front desk. I tell you he went OVER and BEYOND displaying professionalism at it's best. Hats off to the dining staff Jason,Travis and lady Raven talk about service with a SMILE in a buffet style atmosphere. Need I say more "I'm certainly Happy In Florida" after my Hilton experience!

Room Tip: Our rooms were located on back near elevators no noise nor distractions. My sleep was as if I was on...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Phyllis,

Thank you for staying with us at our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast Hotel. We would like to offer our sincerest condolences to you and your family. We really appreciate all the kind words and you for taking the time reach out to us. I will let Kevin, Jason, Travis, and Raven know that you enjoyed their service and hospitality. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our cooked-to-order breakfast at our on-site restaurant, the Great American Grill. We hope you’ll come visit us again at our Columbia, SC hotel.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We were very impressed with the hotel, as well as the restaurant food. We would most definitely recommend this hotel! As soon as I walked in they had our room ready as soon as I told them our name. They want 200 words so blah blah blah blah!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Steve H,
Thank you for staying at our Columbia SC hotel. I’m pleased to hear that you were impressed by our hotel and on-site restaurant, the Great American Grill. We are happy to provide all of our guests with outstanding service and hospitality. Thank you so much for the great review and recommendation. We look forward to your next visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast.
Best Wishes,
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn – Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast)

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Jason and Travis provided excellent customer service. Just Amazing. They are definitely one of the reason why I would stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia. Every morning during breakfast we were greeted with a smile and all of our needs were met and taken care of. The breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Victory1125,
Thank you for reviewing our Columbia SC hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast at our on-site restaurant, the Great American Grill. I will tell Jason and Travis that their hospitality and service is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast Hotel.
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn – Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn in Columbia SC on numerous occasions it is a great place to stay. When you arrive there is staff ready to get you checked in and in your room to get settled. The restraunt is open for and ready to get your day off to a good start or to end your day with a relaxing meal. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home away from home. I would recomend this facility to other co-workers or to my family and friends visiting this area. I look forward to visiting this Hotel in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Lisa P,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast again. We are pleased to learn that you enjoy our hotel and our on-site restaurant, The Great American Grill. You might be interested to know that we offer a Breakfast with Heart package. With this package you’ll receive a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast with your room. Thank you for the recommendation and great review of our Columbia, SC hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Best Wishes,
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We arrived at this hotel, exhausted, following a weekend of cleaning out my parents home. The staff was super friendly and welcoming. Tangia and Dan checked us in and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay. Calandra, the housekeeper provided us with a couple of extra pillows and a great big smile. Our room was spotlessly clean (I am very picky about hotel cleanliness) and well kept.

This morning we enjoyed a delicious "made-to-order" breakfast and Jason and Travis made sure our coffee cup stayed full. Chef Dickerson came by to make sure the omelet was cooked the way I like it.

The staff at this hotel certainly go the "extra mile" to make your stay enjoyable! We usually stay at a hotel a little closer to Charlotte........but I think this might become our new half-way home hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Treehouse-2000,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review about our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Hotel. Our staff always strives to go the extra mile and make sure each guest feels welcomed and at home. I'm glad you enjoyed your cooked-to-order breakfast from our on-site restaurant, the Great American Grill. I'm glad our hotel fit your needs and exceeded your clean expectations. I’ll be sure to pass your compliments along to our hotel staff. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again.
Kaitlyn Kilby, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn - Columbia (Northeast)