“Exceptional value”

Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Atlanta, Georgia
“Exceptional value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I frequently visit family in Columbia. Previously, we have stayed at the Embassy Suites (Greystone). However, this particular weekend, the rates were almost $200. Being a Hilton Honors member I checked other Hilton hotels in the area and found this hotel for a rate of $94. Seeing the previously posted (rave) reviews I decided to book. After staying here, I won't be going back to Embassy Suites. Check in was friendly, our room was spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. (The hotel features beds which can be adjusted to your desired firmness). The rooms also include a Keurig coffee maker, which is far superior to most of the in room coffee makers. We appreciated the "pantry" where we were able to purchase wine and snacks. We didn't patron the bar or restaurant on this trip but they may be a nice option in the future…we will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phw0923
GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the excellent review of our Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Columbia, SC. We’re so glad you decided to stay with us and enjoyed our additional benefits that sets us apart from the hotels in Columbia. We do provide Keurig coffee makers as well as The Garden Sleep System that allows all our mattresses to be adjusted based off of our guests’ preferences. Our Columbia, SC hotel also offers the Pavilion Pantry for guests to have the option to grab a quick snack, next time you should definitely check out our on-site restaurant, the Great American Grill. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn next time you’re visiting Columbia, South Carolina.
Thanks again,
Kaitlyn Kilby, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn – Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Very satisfied and glad those in charge chose this location for our training. I was disappointed that I could not get room service for breakfast. But overall was satisfied with hotel and service. Beds were very comfortable, room was conveniently located to training rooms. No loud disturbances.

Dear Shannon B,
Thank you for the wonderful review of our Columbia South Carolina hotel. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your room, your bed, and the hotel overall. I apologize about breakfast; we only offer room service in the evenings from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. The Great American Grill, our on-site restaurant, serves cooked to order breakfast from 6:00 am to 10:00 am on weekdays and 6:30 am to 11:00 am on the weekends. Thanks for staying at our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast; we look forward to welcoming you back.
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast)
Ann Arbor, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Lovely hotel going through a slight re model in the lobby. the on site bar & restaurant is bonus since there isn't too many choices close by. the workout facility is larger than most I've seen. Hotel is clean & the staff is friendly. Their rates vary significantly by week - which I find concerning. Would definitely stay here again

Dear Suzie F,
Thank you for the great review of our Columbia, SC hotel. We are honored to be your hotel of choice in Columbia. I am glad that you were able to take full advantage of our convenient location and on-site restaurant and lounge, the Great American Grill. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Hotel.
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn – Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast)
Richmond Hill, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was really impressed with our stay at this hotel. The hotel was extremely clean and smelled fresh from the lobby to the room and that is one quality I look for. The staff was extremely helpful and greeted us immediately upon our late arrival to the hotel. I look forward to booking again during our next trip to Columbia in March.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Dalmyra,
Thank you so much for your generous review of our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Hotel Northeast. Our staff loves to hear about a guests' stay with us and that you had a great visit. We are thrilled to hear you’ll be staying with us again during your next trip to the area. I'm glad our hotel was the perfect choice for you and your family while visiting Columbia, SC. We'll see you and your family in March!
Safe travels,
Kaitlyn Kilby, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn - Columbia (Northeast)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

This had to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was excellent. The room was large and clean including the bathroom. Excellent amenities. And the bed was so comfortable. I have never stayed at a hotel with buffet breakfast where there is a waiter to bring the plate(s) to your table. Can't say enough good things about this location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TomWilliams22
GMColumbia, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Tom Williams,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Northeast Hotel. We are so happy that you had a great experience with us. The staff is always excited when their hard work gets recognized. We appreciate all the compliments and you for taking the time to review our hotel in Columbia, SC. We look forward to your next visit.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I travel to Columbia a minimum of 8 times a year. I have been disappointed by several hotels I've stayed in. I was so excited to find this HGI so close to where I need to be. This hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, the hotel staff is nice, and there is a restaurant/bar right on site. The food at the American Grill is tasty. And the the servers were pleasant.
The work facilities were also above average for a hotel. This will be my new hotel of choice when going to Columbia.

Dear Suzie F,

Thank you for the great review of our Columbia, SC hotel. We are honored to be your hotel of choice in Columbia. I am glad that you were able to take full advantage of our convenient location and on-site restaurant and lounge, the Great American Grill. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Northeast Hotel.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I recently traveled to Columbia SC, unexpected last minute trip to attend a funeral of my uncle. Needless to say it was a very stressful and frustrating tme for myself and family. Hilton Garden Inn exceeded our expectations. Truthfully, this was our first stay with the Hilton family and with all the fears of viewing pictures online it's very rare that the online pictures reflect true conditions of the establishment. Not so with Hilton Garden Columbia/Northeast. The rooms were immaculate, hotel staff was really friendly very knowledgeable not to mention most accommodating meeting our every request. OMG the cook to order breakfast was to die for. Overall everything was absolutely perfect at not such a great time for me and my family.

Kevin was our first point of contact at the front desk. I tell you he went OVER and BEYOND displaying professionalism at it's best. Hats off to the dining staff Jason,Travis and lady Raven talk about service with a SMILE in a buffet style atmosphere. Need I say more "I'm certainly Happy In Florida" after my Hilton experience!

Room Tip: Our rooms were located on back near elevators no noise nor distractions. My sleep was as if I was on...