“Excellent staff but the property is in need of some serious maintenance”

Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road
Ranked #30 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The folks here at this hotel were fabulous, but the hotel itself has obviously been neglected as far as maintenance of the property and the rooms. The elevator sounds like it is ready to die each time you step in, and the rooms are full of things that don't work properly. The internet service is slow, slow, slow - you'd be better off with dial up.

Room Tip: You may need to check everything in the room to make sure it works - hair dryer, alarm clock, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear D B,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed there while attending the Masters. Hotel was clean. Room clean. Staff friendly. Breakfast was good. Safe and close to some good restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed there in January for my best friends wedding. The hotel was very nice and clean. I am a priority club memeber so we were upgraded to a suite for free. The breakfast was great and they had a big selection with so much that I had a a tough time choosing what to eat. The staff was very friendly and I had a great time. Easy hotel to get into and out of near the highway. Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel was nice, clean and close to dining and the military base(Fort Jackson). Easy access to hwy 20, walmart, etc. Only 3 floors and that was good, no large crowds. Managers special night, cookies, etc. I would like to see the breakfast with more fruit, but otherwise it was fair.

Room Tip: per the staff person, it is best to call hotel directly if you want a specific bed type or floor loc...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank blessed7_10
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Ok rates and breakfast. The AC unit in our room was not very effective, it took a few hours to get the temperature to a decent level. The worst however was the cigarettesmoke smell in the hallways and elevators. NOT OK.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Arnt78
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This hotel was great! There was a little confusion because we were staying as part of a wedding block and had been told our room had a King Sized bed but were given a room with two queens, but the very friendly and helpful manager quickly changed this for us at no extra charge. The room was very clean, quiet, had everything we needed, and both check in and check out were easy and fast. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Check in was streamlined and great, rooms were adequate and clean. My husband didn't care for the set up of the furniture, but it was nothing that would deter us from staying there again. The morning breakfast was not my favorite but acceptable. The elevator is very slow and loud but you only have 3 floors, so it's not a deal breaker. Overall this was a decent place and we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011