“Amazing Hotel and Staff!!”

Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road
Ranked #34 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Matthews, North Carolina
“Amazing Hotel and Staff!!”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Our room was exceptionally clean,spacious and bright. Spotless bathroom and large T.V.The staff was extremely helpful,answering all our questions about the city and recommending local shopping and restaurants. Most definitely would stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding.The front desk staff was very friendly and professional.I was pleasantly surprised at how large my room was!!The bathroom was extremely clean and well stocked with plenty of toiletries and fresh towels.I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scott K
Albemarle, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Our experience at the Holiday Inn Clemson Rd was outstanding and the staff was very accomodating. They made my group feel very welcome. I would highly recomend this Hotel. This is not the first time I have stayed at this Hotel and what I was impressed with is that the front desk person who checked me in remembered me from my last visit which was over two months ago. The fact that the same people were working at this Hotel tells me that it must care about the employees who in turn make me feel that I am valued as a guest.

Room Tip: Suites are very large and sunny.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Our experience was positive.Great staff and large clean rooms.The manager was to helpful and gave my children a stuff gift when we arrived.I loved the staff and breakfast was the best.
I travel to a lot of hotels but this hotel does it right. Has a large pool and it looks new.Lots of restaurants around and a new mall called the Sandhill Mall just 3 miles away.

Room Tip: 317 and 220 will take your breath away
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

I had to stay here for awhile for military training. The staff was great. I have stayed at some 4 to five star hotels and they were the best. I had to move rooms due to special needs person who needed it. No problem. They did everything they could to apologize and make me feel welcome. They upgraded me and help me move . The gentlemen who work the 1st shift and the night shift greeted you every time you came in or out. The manager was so nice and give me info about the place. They really show the military that they cared. Now the only bad side is the traffic. Turning onto the hotel street is a pain. Please tell the city to give a traffic arrow there. There are some great places around there. Your not to close but not to far. Good job holiday inn! Keep up the good work and dont let this posting go to waste

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank ladygirl-d
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I just returned from my trip and an overnight stay at this hotel. The floor in the room was wet between the bed and the bathroom and the room smelled sour. When reported to the front desk we were advised that maintenance would be notified but they never responded. We were also advised that we could switch rooms from a two bedroom to a one bedroom but that would not work for two guys visiting town after the game. The floor was wet enough that our shoes squeeked on the floor. Poor response from management and we got no more than a we're sorry when checking out. The hotel is starting to show it's age and there are a number of use related issues that need to be addressed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear Dan S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you liked our location. Please accept my sincerest apology if your stay was negatively affected by the staff service received. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jersey City
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Last minute stay, was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. Free Wifi, nice little restaurant in the lobby, business center and pool. Room was clean, no complaints. Will definitely stay here again. The hotel staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Fort Jackson
Best Western Plus Columbia North East
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area
Comfort Suites Columbia
Comfort Suites Columbia
#22 of 94 in Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road? Share your experiences!