Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road
Ranked #37 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Atlanta
“OK”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Here for a short stay during a graduation ceremony. On the side of a highway, the area is a bit noisy but centrally located. This unit is older, fairly well maintained. Breakfast standard. Lots of military use, and lots of young men around. They were well behaved. If I were a woman looking for a quiet place for business use, I'd probably go elsewhere; didn't really care for the atmosphere, and the room, while adequate, wasn't new or fresh enough to compensate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Alex M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road, responded to this review, 21 February 2015
Thank you so much! We are so happy that you took the time out of your stay to write this!
We strive to give great customer service and are happy it was extended to you! We hope any future stays to the Columbia area you will stay with us again!
-Hotel Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We go to Columbia a couple of times a year to see my nephew, his wife and their small son. We have stayed in many nice hotels, but all were more expensive than this one. The location was convenient to the things we needed and lots of nearby restaurants and shopping, and also right on a major artery. The check in was efficient and the lady at the desk, Kia, made us feel at home. Our room was bigger that what we had a more expensive hotels, and the free breakfast was better. The upstairs neighbors stomped around a bit before bedtime, but we sleep with a white noise machine anytime we travel, so it didn't bother us. We actually slept for 11 hours, so the beds was very comfortable.

I am sure we will stay there from now on when we go to Columbia.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tyler, TX
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a solider that was graduating from Basic Training at Ft. Jackson. Check in was simple and easy and the clerk was speedy and gave us information to get to the base.
The room was fine, nothing too fancy. The morning breakfast was good and had several choices.
Our biggest complaint was the parking...there is hardly any. The parking lot is too small for the number of guests they have. It's like they squeezed this place into the smallest plot of land possible. People were parked all along the sidewall and even close into the driveway entry.
If you stay here, be sure you get back early enough cause parking is awful!

Room Tip: They turned the A/Cs completly off (even in summer), so be sure to turn it on full blast in the summ...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mhetrick
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear mhetrick,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the space of the parking area. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The hotel has great breakfast very friendly staff and is clean. The only thing I did not like is that I could hear the room above me walking around and it disturbed my sleep I guess the walls are really thin?!?!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Babyeast3
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed here recently when we were at the Masters. Reservation process and check-in experience was terrific! Our room was fantastic! I was welcomed as a Priority Club member and we all received a nice welcome bag (my wife and our friends, who also stayed there). The lobby and breakfast bar area/commons are nicely decorated. Many selections for breakfast and the attendant really took good care of us. "Breakfast to go" was a very nice gesture for our travel to Augusta. The bed linens and towels, etc. were fresh and new! I highly recommend this HIE when you are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Terry H
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed here recently for my friends wedding. Check-in was a breeze, Bernard was very accommodating. I booked a standard room and upon arrival he upgraded me to a suite! I was welcomed as a Priority Club Rewards Member, and received a nice welcome bag. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and very spacious. Tony at the front desk gave me wonderful recommendations for shopping and dining. Breakfast choices were great as well; the cinnamon rolls are to die for. I will certainly stay here again when in the Columbia, SC area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
North Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was a nice hotel. Good sized beds, clean room. No complaints. The lobby is very nicely decorated, and the morning breakfast was better than I expected for a hotel. The rooms were very quiet with little hallway noise coming in. Overall, I would stay again. It is in a good location, surrounded by lots of restaurants and stores if you need anything during your stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road
Best Western Plus Columbia North East
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area
WoodSpring Suites Columbia Fort Jackson
Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road? Share your experiences!