“The Best Holiday Inn Express We Have Ever Stayed AT”

Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road
Ranked #31 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 6 January 2010

We were traveling with our kids down the East Coast for Christmas and stayed in a different hotel each night. This was by far the best one we stayed at. The Staff were the friendliest we have ever encountered. The manger checked us in and was so nice and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and well kept. This is defiantly a treasure of the south. My family and I left feeling so appreciated from this hotels Southern Hospitality. I would recommend this hotel to everyone! We will definitely be back! Thanks for the Holiday memories!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road

Reviewed 12 November 2009

Our room was not clean. The tiles in bathroom had fallen off the wall due to water damage. The parking was ok but could be better lit. Overall, not a good place to stay considering the price. Also, the internet did not work and we had to go downstairs to use public desk.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2009

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say that our stay at this Hotel was awesome! The staff was so nice, friendly, polite, and very attenative to your needs. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I highly recommed this Hotel and we are planning to return real soon to the Columbia SC area.

R. Wallace
Philadelphia

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We were on our way to the Maters, in Augusta and decided to stay an hour out and save ourselves $200 so we would have more to spend on shirts and hats! The hotel was very nice with access to Hwy 20. I would not hesitate to to book a resevation. The rooms were very clean and the staff could not have been more helpful. After a 6 hour drive we decided to enjoy the free happy hour with a beer and wings before heading out to dinner. Nice touch. The breakfeast in the morning was more than a continental breakfeast which was a nice suprise. Then off to the Masters with qucik access to I20 west! Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2008

I work for the federal government and have traveled all over the world over the past 30 years. I've stayed in the best and the worst. For a Holiday Inn Express, this is by far the best one I have stayed in. Its fairly new, clean, the hot and cold breakfast was great. The staff was friendly. About the only negative thing I could say is that the shower started to run low on hot water during the peak morning shower period. Other than that I would stay here again, no problem!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2008

We can't fault this hotel. It's lovely! We stayed there last year on a trip from Atlanta to Charleston and decided to go back. What can I say, the hotel is beautiful and clean and all of the staff were so friendly. The delightful reception staff always had a few words and seemed genuinely interested in what we'd been doing that day and what our plans were without being over nosey and gave us lots of tips on where to eat and shop. There's a lovely small pool which they kindly opened up for us at 9am even though it didn't open until 10. The breakfast was extremely good. There was even a welcome reception from the manager of the hotel with drinks and nibbles. We have used many hotels in the USA and our party all agree that this one is a little gem and it was the cheapest hotel of the 6 we had booked for our stay and most certainly the best.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank FizzUk
Reviewed 27 December 2007

Over priced for the hotel condition. Worn furnishings,
Breakfast was so-so. Check in comments were "this hotel
sells out and we get $109. Hah, that is really overpriced
for its condition and ammenties. I paid $79 and I thought
it should have been $49. They would not honor the
internet rate for aarp. Part of the problem is that its privately owned, hence the higher than normal rates.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple