Of course this is not the top of the line of hotels, but for the price you get comfort. The rooms are huge. Ours came equipped with a microwave and an small refrigerator which really came in handy.
The housekeeping was iffy at best. Our first full day, someone knocked at the door at 9:45am. We were getting dressed to go out and told her (housekeeping) to come back later. We signed a form not knowing it was a form that basically said we declined room service for the day.
The second day, again we were getting dressed for the day and again a knock at the door at 9:45. This time it was the supervisor of housekeeping. The hotel was short staffed so she was making the rooms up herself. She was VERY nice and very informative. Then walks in, Emanuel - Ladies, he's a cutie! He had a ready smile and a boyish look. Finally in walks Troy. All three were very helpful as we were looking for a club to go to after our family reunion. Troy even went as far a grabbing the entertainment paper and marked off all of Colunbia's "Hot Spots".
Day 3 we left the room prior to the 9:45 knock, only to return to a half-made room. A note was left on top of our bed that read: "It is the hotel's policy not to touch guests property". So alas our bed was not made due to a suitcase that was left on top of it.
Day 4 - check out. Despite the mishaps we had with a some-timey cleaning crew, our stay at the Holiday Inn on Clemson Road in Columbia was great. The front desk and night desk crew were great! I even got a kick out of the pleasantly plumb cute young lady who insisted on calling me ma'am even though we are close to the same age. I guess that's Southern Hospitality for you - Gotta love it!
One thing, DO NOT go to the Bojangles across the street around closing time. Frances WILL rip you a new one!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-20 at Clemson Frontage Road is a beautiful 65 room and suites hotel, located at exit 80 from I-20. We are the smart choice when staying in the Columbia, Fort Jackson, Elgin, and Camden areas. Business travelers look to our hotel to provide top-of-the-line amenities such as our fitness room with a great view of the pool, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet throughout the hotel, and the Smart Start breakfast that travelers have come to know and love. Our manager's reception offering complimentary hors d oeuvres and drinks makes our guests feel at home. Mint Julep Restaurant is a new and exciting dining experience close to the hotel. The guest laundry facility offers convenience for all those travelers that are away from home. Leisure travelers will benefit from our hotel being the closest to the new Village at Sandhills deluxe shopping center and the Plex Indoor Sports Center, both located five minutes away. We are also less than ten minutes from Fort Jackson, and close to downtown Columbia and the University of South Carolina as well. We are proudly one of the first Columbia hotels to go 100% smoke-free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express i-20 At Clemson Road Hotel Columbia
- Holiday Inn Express Columbia
- Holiday Inn Columbia
- Columbia Holiday Inn