“Hidden treasure”

Ranked #26 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Hartsville, South Carolina
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

A true hidden treasure in Columbia. The place was fantastic! Great atmosphere along with a fabulous little menu. Choose a three course meal for under $25. And the coursers are plenty big. The wine selection was awesome - and they have $5 wines by the glass which are also good. Go. A true gem in Five Points.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Restaurant week experience”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I love Restaurant Week in South Carolina. It motivates my wife and I to eat out more often than we might otherwise and to try some different places. My wife wasn't able to go with me, so I went alone to Cellar on the Greene where we had never eaten. Long line, which I guess is a good thing, but unusual in Columbia SC. I sat at the bar and had a very nice meal with interesting choices. I will go back with my wife. Restaurant week works!

• Visited January 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“My Go-To Place”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Cellar on Greene offers that unique combination of friendly local watering hole -- except with exquisite choices in vino -- and upscale foodie mecca -- except without the snootiness and expense. It's also great because people with different dining preferences can go together - one person just sipping wine, another interested in a small plate, and another hungry for a full meal - and everyone can leave happy. Plus there are great seating options as well -- the bar, small intimate tables, and a large community table where you can gather with friends.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chapinite
Dallas
“Loved the food; wine just so-so”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My daughter and I loved the FAB pizza here. The waitress let us taste several a wine selection before committing to it, and did her best to direct to us a bold red. However, overall we were disappointed in the depth of the wine offerings. The retail section of the restaurant had a much better wine selection than the menu.
Pleasant service and nice atmosphere. We will return again and see if wine offering on menu improves.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mbase5
COLUMBIA
“Good food, bad accoustics”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have been to Cellar on many occasions for girls nights (hello wine specials), and on a date night. The food has always been stellar, except for the pizza that is just okay. They change their menu seasonally which when you fall in love with a dish like the duck quesadilla it can be heart breaking, but they do have some regulars like the lobster mac and cheese. I'm hoping they'll keep the chicken sausage and mushroom tart i had the other night because my friend and I both wanted more, and almost got into a fight over the last morsel. Manners are lost when good food is on the line. Their downfall is the size of the space and the limited seating. It can get crowded during peak times, making it hard to keep up a conversation with your dinner partner, but on the other side people watching can be just as fun if your date is dull.

• Visited October 2013