“Stay here for sure !!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lexington, Kentucky
“Stay here for sure !!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

One of best locations in town. Big rooms. Near REALLY great restaurants and nightlife (see review on Motor Supply). Here from Kentucky on college visit to Univ of So Carolina. Great time. Would be delighted to return here.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Truman1
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Truman1,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay as well as our great city of Columbia. The Motor Supply is a fantastic resteraunt and I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of trying it out. I hope your visit to the University was a great one and if you do decide to come back to visit us, we hope tha we can asisst. We look forward to serving you again in the future and if my staff or I can do anything for you, please do not hesitate to let us know.

803-231-2868 (Fax)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Have stayed here quite a but this summer working on a huge project at USC.

This place is great! Its clean, friendly staff and Liberty Tap Room next door has fantastic food! They even deliver room service to your room and will bill your room, it was perfect for those late work days! I stayed at this hotel 4 times ranging from 2-5 days. Each visit was so pleasant. The free breakfast is very good, lots of options hot and cold. Fresh fruit, oatmeal, eggs, waffles, bagels and muffns. Plus they offer on the run breakfast bags if you dont have time to waste. Those are yummy too!

Room Tip: &MsAsk for the 5th floor! Free M and Skittles! Yum!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank partyof6mcs
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear partyof6mcs,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent review of our hotel! We thank you for your repeat business and glad that you enjoy our hotel. We love to have return guests and try to make this as close to a home away from home as we can. The addition of the room service option from Liberty is a new addition and w are glad to hear that our guests like it. We try to take the headache and hassel away as much as we can. We are always trying to inovate our breakfast options and love to hear that we are adding things that our guests appreciate. We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit and will try to get you on the 5th floor again so you can enjoy the treats again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here in early August 2012 for a quick business trip. It was clean, affordable and very well situated - in the Vista, walking distance to lots of great restaurants and across the street from Starbucks. Easy, free parking too. Room was immaculate and breakfast was decent. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank susanjb
Ben B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear susanjb,

Thank you for your most recent review, we love to hear from our guests! We strive to ensure that each and everyone of our guests leave our hotel 100% satisfied and hope that we can serve you again in the future. Our Historic Vista area is full of great choices of resteraunts and attractions within walking distance and great for the buisness traveler. If my staff or I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I was in Columbia for 4 days by myself on business. This hotel was perfect.

It's in a great location: several restaurants in walking distance. Since I was by myself, and I didn't feel like going out to dinner alone, I ordered takeout from the restaurant next door (Liberty Tap Room) every night. Food was very good.

The hotel is clean and well-maintained. The bed was very comfortable. The shower was good.

The free breakfast was surprisingly good. I was expecting cold muffins and boxes of cereal. They have that if you like it, but they also have a waffle iron and three hot items that change every day (usually some type of eggs, some type of breakfast meat, and another item like french toast or pancakes). And it was actually good! Breakfast is served in the lobby, where there are ample tables and chairs, plus a huge flat-screen TV showing the news.

Parking was very convenient. A number of reviewers have complained that the lot filled up. I didn't have a problem, but I was only there Sunday-Thursday. I could see it being an issue on weekends. There are signs all over the lot that say anyone without a Hampton Inn guest pass will be towed, but I don't know if that's enforced.

I will definitely stay at a Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank starryrach
Dear starryrach,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! One of our many points that our staff take pride in is ensuring the cleanliness of our hotel and our guest rooms. We also know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and want to make sure that all of our guests get leave with a fresh start on the day with our breakfast. We hope that we can serve you again on future business trips.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I can't believe that I didn't have time to write this review earlier. I was in Columbia to visit USC with my daughter. The hotel was very nice, clean and in a great location. The check-in was very fast - too fast for my daughter that was eating all the cookies on the counter! The staff couldn't be friendlier; we needed options to where to eat and they recommended a very nice restaurant in the area. We spent some quality time together at the Vista area. My daughter decided for USC, so now we know where to stay when coming to visit her.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank social g
Dear social g,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Congratulations to your daughter and her enrollment into USC, we are happy to hear we have a new Gamecock! Our staff takes pride on their extensive knowledge of the area and we cannot wait to have you back so that we can share some more of the Vista's gem's with you. If my staff or I can assist you in the future with accomodations, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Go Gamecocks,

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Hotel is clean and managed well. We were in town for USC visit and staff was very accommodating with late check out request. Even put a 'do not disturb' tag on our door for maid. Breakfast very good. Many places within walking distance to eat. Very quiet hotel, slept well.:)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cargen16
Dear cargen16,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope that your visit to USC was a fruitful one and we hope to serve you again. The HIstoric Vista area has many choices for dining and attractions; the next time you find yourself in town, we hope that you will stay with us again. Stop by our front desk and speak with one of our knowledgable associates about all that the Vista has to offer. If my staff or I can be of any assistance on future visits, please do not hesitate to contact us.

South Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed at the Hampton to attend a wedding downtown. Check in was easy, and the lobby had cookies on the counter as well as coffee and tea. We had a room on the 5th floor with a king bed and whirlpool tub. The room was comfortably furnished and we had a wonderful view. Everything was clean and I especially liked the white duvets they have at Hampton because you know that it is clean.
There was a variety of breakfast foods and a nice area to eat.
If you are unfamiliar with this area, the parking lot is not on Gervais, but along the nearest side street. There are many bars and restaurants on Gervais. (It is across the street from Blue marlin, which is a terrific restaurant.
This place seemed more expensive than the average Hampton, but it is in a popular area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor on the back of Gervais have a panoramic view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hcross888
Dear hcross888,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you personally for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to ensure that each and everyone of our guests are 100% satisfied and love to hear so when we do. We hope that the next time you find yourself in the Columbia area we can serve you again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.