“Great Place To Stay !”

Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District
Ranked #4 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I have been to Columbia Historic Distoric many times and always stayed at this Hampton Inn. I know it will be clean and the people that work there are always very
nice and the Breakfast food is good and fresh. Very nice place to stay one of the best.

• Stayed: October 2009
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District

Reviewed 12 January 2010

My mother, cousin, and I had a great stay at this Hampton Inn. The room was clean and roomy and the hot breakfast was good and plentiful with a wide variety of choices. The staff was extremely accommodating and could not have been nicer. The staff goes over and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Some examples: if a staff person sees you coming towards an elevator they press the button so when you arrive at the elevator it is waiting on you. They always ask to give you directions and constantly wish you a good day or good evening. The cleaning staff speak to you and welcome and say "Have a good day." They are real sticklers about keeping their hotel spotless; the housekeeper on the 5th floor where I stayed was even dusting the table by the elevator and the windows next to the vending machine room and each time she saw me she asked was everything ok or could she get me anything. Every staff member I encountered from the women and men at the front desk, the lady who takes care of the breakfast each morning, the men and women at the front desk, as well as the maintenance and all the housekeeping are all the nicest and most helpful people I have encountered at a hotel in a very very long time. They all went out of their way to make sure everyone had an excellent stay. Thank you all for a wonderful stay. If there is an award for this hotel chain this group should win. This really is THE place to stay if your attending a football game or just visiting Columbia SC. It is right in the middle of the Vista which is the place to go for restaurants, bars and nightlife. Great value and location, I'd definitely stay at the Hampton Inn Downtown Vista.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank timothyh56
Reviewed 6 November 2009

This is one well-run and nicely appointed hotel with fantastic staff. I spent two weeks there for a trial and I was impressed daily by the competence and courtesy of the staff. The breakfast was consistently delicious. I was impressed by the clean and up-to-date fitness room. The business center was rather small, but was more than adequate for my needs. Beat out the "nicer" hotel I stayed in in Myrtle Beach the week before.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2009

This hotel is full of courteous staff, wonderful amenities, and has an excellent location. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for any reason. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, including my own. I could not hear any of my neighbors on either side nor any noise from the hall, even though I was located close to the elevator. I never heard a peep.
This is the ONLY place to stay in Columbia!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I travel here for both business and pleasure ( my daughter goes to college in Columbia). I always get the best service..from the front desk operations to the housekeeping. It is worth paying a little more than some of the other places.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I found the hotal clean, the servise was great, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Every time that I have to spend the night in Columbia, SC, I stay at this Hampton Inn. The staff is very accommodating and will go out of their way to meet the guests' needs. I like the area in which the hotel is located and the convenience of its location in relation to my business in Columbia. Great place. Great people.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business