“Love the hotel and highly recommend it to anyone.”

Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District
Ranked #5 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Love the hotel and highly recommend it to anyone.”
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The hotel is very convenient to dining, nightlife and downtown. I love it. The staff is excellent from the front desk to the housekeeping. The staff is very accommodating. The bedding is to live for. I have already researched the webpages and will be ordering the pillows very soon. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Columbia, SC area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, 17 November 2010
Dear Gilchrist50,

Thank you for your positive feedback! I must agree in saying that the Hampton Inn bedding IS to live for!!
We definitely receive lots of requests for purchasing certain bedding items. Please let me know if you have any purchasing questions; I will be most happy to assist. Thank you in advance for the recommendations to our location and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

My best,

Marlin Fludd - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2010

The staff was so kind and helpful from the moment we walked in to the moment we left. Very welcoming. The room was the perfect size for my friends and I. Very clean, and cozy. The hotel itself had a very warm feel; from the front desk attendant to the layout of the hotel itself. The only complaint may be about the breakfast. Not the best/tasty selection-but can you really complain about a complimentary meal? An overall great experience. I will definitely be back next time I am visiting Columbis.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Dear marion246,

Creating "A fabulous experience" is what our goal is!! Very nice to hear that our staff displayed superior service from beginning to end. Our entire staff takes pride in making your experience a memorable one, in which it sounds like we succeeded! Prior to your next visit, please feel free to contact me so I can make sure that we offer a much better breakfast selection for you.

Many thanks,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Good location, especially for the weekend we were there (street festival was right outside the hotel). There are a lot of great restaurants within a few blocks.

The only negatives were that there was no hot tub and the pool was small. The beds were also pretty small for queen size.

But overall very nice hotel, reasonably priced in a great location.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Dear TJK15,

I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel during your recent stay with us, as well as thank you for your feedback!
We look forward to your return visit and please let me konw if I can be of assistance to you!

Best regards,

Redding, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Trial and error has taught me that Hampton Inns are always dependably nice. This particular one is exceptionally lovely due in large part to the staff. Their friendliness, helpfulness and attention to detail made me feel like a VIP! You can't beat the location if you are visiting the university, have business in the city, or dining out. When I come to Columbia, this hotel will be the ONLY place for me!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, 1 November 2010
Dear DJM7879,

It's so refreshing to hear that after "trial and error" that you found where "home" is; (HAMPTON INNS!!). I'm also delighted to hear that our staff made you feel like the VIP that you are!
Your feedback is vital to the success of our operations and ensuring that your stay is 100% satisfactory, and we look forward to another opportunity.

Best regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Fabulous staff, clean accommodations, comfortable environment, centrally located to all of downtown Columbia. If there's a better value in Columbia I dare you locate it. As a huge fan of Hampton Inn everywhere, I rate this particular hotel among the top facilities in the USA. Only wish my travel plans could have allowed me a longer stay, however, I'll be back in a month and will certainly treat myself and family to the privilege of Hampton Inn, Columbia at that time. I am considering selling my home and moving into this hotel ( I jest ). There are not sufficient accolades to cover my experience .

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Dear nona_urbiznis,

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you!! What a wonderul review on your experience, as well as thank you for being such a loyal fan of Hampton Inn hotels!
I look forward to your return visit in a month, and please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance in making your stay even better!

Most sincerely,

Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 28 October 2010

One of the best Hamptons I have stayed in, and I stay in at least 40 per year. Staff was great, hotel was clean and the local restaurants are within short walking distance.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear Sanderson57,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our location. It's good to hear that we met your accommodation needs and more!
We look forward to your return visit to our property, and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me.

My best,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Awesome hotel, great location, right downtown. Great staff, nice facilities, great breakfast. O wait, did i mention there is a free happy hour from 530 - 730? Wow. This place is definately worth the money.

G Man

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Marlin17, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear GMan5431,

I sincerely thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at my location. It's especially good to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and the free Happy Hour.
I look forward to your return stay at our location, and if there is anything further we can do to make your stay even better, please do not hesitate to contact me.