“Fantastic, from employess to location to cleanliness just awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson
Ranked #48 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Brockton, Massachusetts
“Fantastic, from employess to location to cleanliness just awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

I was a little leery about staying here because of the reviews I read. However I wish that more people would post good reviews!
I arrived late at night. The staff was amazing. Including the security gaurd who made sure I got back from the store safely.
I was very impressed with the room and amenities (fridge and microwave in every room)
Everyone I met was pleasant. The auditor helped us secure transportation to the airport early in the morning. ( a private car company vs. a cab cheaper and wonderful).
It was 10 minutes from the gate of Fort Jackson. There was plenty to do in the area from shopping to dining.
It was an awesome trip. Will not hesitate to use again when we go down for AIT Graduation.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
South Florida, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

This place allows loud mouth friends and young people to congregate under the entrance canopy until wee hours of the morning, talking loud and being obnoxious. The night clerk and security guard didn't seem to care about the guest and became very defensive when I complained. Why? Because they were participating in the activity. Add to that the location is suspect, back a dirty unkempt street with gang graffiti plastered all around on the street lights. I have given up on La Quinta because they have no standards from one hotel to the other. You never know what you will encounter. Some call suites a single room with a couch, no microwave, no fridge. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George F
Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

When I checked in, I was anly asked to sign a piece of paper showing the price per night, then was not given a copy of it. It was late and check-in seemed pleasingly simple, so I didn't care. I was awakened at 6 am by the alarm clock going off in the next room, which made dogs bark. Then the front desk called to ask who we were, because we "weren't in the system." At 8:30, and the clock was still going off. As I was leaving, I stopped by the front desk, and was waved on with a smile, "You're good to go!" So I left. The charge didn't appear on my debit card statement for a couple of days, but when it did, I was charged for three nights instead of one. One charge mysteriously disappeared, but I was still double charged. This emptied my bank account and resulted in overdraft fees. Here I am travelling with three kids, and no money. I called the hotel and spoke to Tony, who told me there was nothing he could do and that I would have to wait until Monday to speak to the GM. I said hell no I can't wait that long, I'll call the corporate office. Suddenly, he could reverse the charges immediately. When the money didn't get back into my bank account, I called corporate. Juan told me that the charges had been reversed. Well over 24 hours later, I still have no refund and my kids are going without milk.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank jenaren
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stopped here for one night on the way to Myrtle Beach for our family vacation. I stay at La Quinta rather frequently, and had no qualms about booking it online before seeing it in person using my AAA card/travel. What a HUGE mistake!! Normally, neither my husband nor myself are picky about where we stay, especially not with a 3 year old and a 10 year old. As long as it's comfortable, clean, and safe, we're ok.

HOWEVER, upon check-in (which admittedly went very smoothly), when we entered our room, our 3 year old needed to use the restroom after the long road trip, and as soon as he flushed the toilet, the bathroom immediately flooded. When we called downstairs, they acknowledged the leak, and even asked if it was in the back of the toilet. So they were aware of the problem and still booked the room.

They moved us to another room, and we were pleased....until we entered the room to find the air conditioner didn't work. Mind you, it was about 93 outside, so yes, it was quite warm. We tried to just deal with it, and decided to take the kids to the pool. ANOTHER mistake.

The pool was filthy. Bugs, plastic bags, and even cigarette butts were floating in it. So my husband cleaned it himself. And you can see from the attached pictures, that the location and view leave much to be desired.

Spend an extra $20 and choose another hotel around this area and avoid the La Quinta.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel while attending the BCT graduation ceremonies at Ft. Jackson. The hotel was clean and convenient to the base. The breakfast was great. If you need more than two sets of towels put in a request at front desk every morning. I would not hesitate to stay at this property again. Free WiFi!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Northern Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

We went with several families to graduation at Fort Jackson, many of whom had their valuables stolen, such as a brand new (not even out of the box) laptop and other electronic items. Stuff was stolen during graduation, while the "do not disturb" sign was on the door. It's certainly close to Fort Jackson, but whoever is doing the stealing knows when the hotel is empty.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BBinVA
Chapel Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2010

We paid $56.95 which I thought was fair. Wireless internet worked fine, room was clean and reasonably good sized. It was a fair walk from our room in the back of the complex to the lobby. Overall good experience.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple