“The BEST”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“The BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

Great Hotel, great staff, great location to all of Columbia.

1 Thank jbreal
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Dear jbreal

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com! Staff service is a key pillar in our guest experience that is delivered by each of our team members here at the Comfort Inn, Columbia SC. When staying with us you are at home as you will always be treated like family. You are the reason why we are here and our staff stands ready to serve you. Consider us your home when you are in Columbia.

Thank you again for your time and comments. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Allegan, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

We where treated very good. The rooms where always cleaned when we got back, the staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was great. The location was great. It was close to the museum and the zoo. Had a wonderful time and would stay at this place again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2011
Allegan, Michigan
Dear Allegan,
Thank you for sharing your glowing review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com! service is a key pillar in our guest experiencel that is delivered by each of our team members here at the Comfort Inn, Columbia SC. When staying with us you are at home as you will always be treated like family. You are the reason why we are here and our staff stands ready to serve you. Consider us your new home when away from home.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

Thank you to the staff of Comfort Inn Columbia, SC! I travel 75% of the time and rarely am accomodated like this...from the time I stepped foot in the hotel the front desk was so pleasing and helpful. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. I highly reccomend this hotel especially for the traveler on the GO!

Room Tip: Be NICE to the front desk! LOL
Dear gogirlams;

I would like to personally thank you for your time to review our Comfort Inn in Columbia SC on Trip Advisor. I'm very happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for recognizing their efforts. It really means a world to us.
We look forward to have you with us again in the future.

oceanbreeze88
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

I stay here several times a year and everytime I have stayed at this hotel, I've been extremely satisfied with the services they provide. All the staff are great as well as the Nick Patel and his GM (Faysal). They do above and beyond for every guest that stays. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank oceanbreeze88
Dear Oceanbreeze88,
We certainly appreciate and value your comments. Having loyal guests' such as yourself means the world to our staff. We strive to exceed expectations and hope we are able to exceed yours. Thank you for your patronage and kind words.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

We arrived late at night, worn and weary from hours of travel. No one was the front desk so I waited and waited while my family slept out in the car despite the fact that I called and said we would be arriving late. Finally, someone shows up. No issues here - he just needed my credit card for "incidentals" despite the fact I paid online already, but ok.

We get to our room and put the kids to sleep. There is a long hair in the bathroom and a bug (not a roach) scurries over the toilet. Whatever. I'm tired and I go to sleep. Breakfast was fine and suited our needs. I need to print a map out and find out that they will gladly print it for you - for a fee of course. We check out by 9 AM, having only stayed here less than 9 hours. A few days later there is a bank draft of $10 (extra person which I told them about at checkin), $1.75 for print outs, and $15 for Misc. I called and they said there were two pillows missing. WHAT???? The guy at the front desk kept asking me "Well, where are the two pillows then?" Repeatedly. Ok, #1) That's gross. 2) I packed and unpacked the car and nada. 3) I bring my own sheets to every hotel - I sure wouldn't take anything home from one.

My "online rate" as $79 but in the end I paid $109 for less than 9 hours of less than stellar sleep. Just the fact that they nickel and dime you and then don't believe your word over the cleaning lady's and the RUDENESS which they handled it makes me livid. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right" (within reason, of course)? Never. Again. Bye bye Comfort Inn - your service was a poor excuse for customer satisfaction to say the least.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SoutheastBeast
Dear brendaSt_Paul_MN,

Dear SoutheastBeast;
I'm sorry we were not able to provide you with quality of services you deserve. We appreciate your comment and we will be sure to address the issues with our team.

Our hotel is located near the University of SC and is convenient to Downtown, Airport and Convention Center. I hope you will consider our hotel in the future, when your are visiting Columbia SC, I like to show that how your feed back help us to improve our services.

Thank you for your feedback.

Randallstown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

My wife, son and I stayed at the Inn and enjoyed our stay. We were traveling with our small dog and he was welcomed also. The folks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful during our stay. The housekeeping staff was quick and efficient in keeping the rooms clean and presentable. Breakfast area was stocked and clean for warm or cold food. Would gladly stay again when in Columbia.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Dear flw_jr,

Thank you very much for your time to review our Comfort Inn in Columbia SC on Trip Advisor. Our team really appreciates your kind words of compliments. It has been a pleasure to have you with us and we will be looking forward to serve you again.

Best Regards,
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

My husband and I needed a room for two nights while in Columbia. We made a horrible mistake and chose somewhere else before finding this hidden gem, Comfort Inn on Bush River. I was literally in tears at the other hotel. My husband called the Comfort Inn and explain the situation and the gracious front desk clerk allowed us to come right over (early in the morning before 11 am) and what a pleasant surprise when we opened our hotel room door. Clean, smelled nice, comfortable bed, nice fixtures, Top notch everything. The breakfast was better expected. I could not have asked for more. Everyone at this hotel was very professional and I would have to go so far as say kind.

Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers on Tripadvisor.com. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We strive to deliver our guests a stay that exceeds all of their expectations each and every time. Our front desk team will stand ready to accommodate you with any requests or needs you may have. Hotel and guest room cleanliness is imperative among our housekeeping team and we are glad you feel the same.
Again, thank you for visiting the Comfort Inn, Columbia and we look forward to seeing you back soon.