“Does not take CLC Corporate Lodging Card”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Called and was told that they do not accept CLC Corporate lodging cards. I was planning to stay with the hotel for business purposes, but I was told that they no longer accept CLC cards. I am sad do to all of the positive reviews. I spoke to an individual and stated that I wanted to reserve a room with my CLC card, he said we no longer take CLC and then hung up the phone. I was expecting him to ask if I would like to pay with another card rather then to just hang up. If this is an example of the service I will be happy to take my business elsewhere.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Jeffrey H
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear Jeffrey H Charlottesville, VA
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com. As you noted, customer service and an immaculate hotel are very important to us & due to which we find ourselves to be an excellent value to our guests given the inclusive amenities and benefits that we offer.
For some unavoidable circumstances we discontinued accepting CLC as soon as that issues will be resolve with CLC we will start accepting CLC again.
I would also like to apologize that for some reason phone was disconnected and we do not have call back on muti-line phone. I will review these comments with my Front office Manager and find ways to improve.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

There are not many times that you walk into a hotel and feel like you live there. This was our 3rd time staying there and once again an awesome experience. We travel to many hotels due to my boyfriends traveling softball team and we always find ourselves back at this hotel. The time before this last time we stayed I actually got the name of the nice man who has helped us several times. I believe he said his name was Nick? Or it was something to that effect. He has always had a smile on his face every time we show up and is very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone because not only do you get the pleasure of wonderful customer service but you are made to feel at home. The price is excellent compared to what you would get anywhere else at this price. My kids love the breakfast in the morning (I have some hungry boys) and we have never had a bad experience here. Keep up the good work Comfort Inn, I do believe we are considered regulars now! =)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Crystal M
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

Crystal M Leesville,
Thank you for sharing your glowing review for Comfort Inn hotel on Tripadvisor.com!
Guest service is a key pillar in our Guest Experience Model that is delivered by each of our team members here at the Comfort Inn, Columbia. When staying with us you are at home as you will always be treated like family. You are the reason why we are here and our staff stands ready to serve you. I will share your comments with my TEAM.
Thank you again for your time and comments. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2012

This is the first time staying at this hotel. i was very pleased with a warm welcome from the hotel staff. they were very accomidating and helpful. My stay was very productive for my work and relaxing for me. i will stay here again when i travel back to this area.

Room Tip: become a memeber of the hotel club. it is choice hotels member. it is well worth it if you travel al...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Donnie H
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Donnie H Kingston, TN
Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn, Columbia SC and taking time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and your stay was comfortable and up to your expectations.
Thank you again for staying with us and for making the Comfort Inn Columbia your home away from home, we all look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Every month there are more than 1 home college football game,so I travel 3 hours to this city & stay only at this hotel. The staff is more than friendly, the rooms are CLEAN, and the beds are so comfy. I wont stay anywhere in this town but at this hotel. Breakfast included in the stay is awesome. Choose from a cold or hot breakfast, either one is best. The front desk clerk NIck has become such a family friend we are on 1st name basis. Gotta try this one folks, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank trizzy58

Dear trizzy58 Jefferson, GA
Nick is THE BEST, I am fortunate to work with such a wonderful group of individuals.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay and your wonderful review. We strive to meet the needs of each and every one of our guests and we love to hear back from them, we do hope that the next time you find yourself in the Columbia area that you will choose to stay with us again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

There were many good things about this hotel as described in other reviews – a fast internet connection, a comfy bed, flatscreen TV, and clean. But this new trend of going green and using the coiled light bulbs is overdone here. It was impossible to read a book in that room, and it was practically dark in the bathtub area. There was only ½ roll of toilet paper when we checked in with no backup, and there were exactly two towels with no extras. The breakfast was less than usual with few bread choices – the fruit was old, there were no yogurts and they weren’t replenished for the next day either. These little details made the place feel cheap. The front desk service was not helpful or friendly and we were not treated as well as we usually are at other Choice Hotels. Vijay inadvertently kept our credit card at the front desk and we didn’t notice until we were downtown in a restaurant. Vijay never even phoned us to let us know he still had it. It was many hours later that we realized it was missing. I would recommend this hotel to others but don’t expect any extras.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat M
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear Patronking Mesa;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. As you noted, customer service, an immaculate hotel and high speed Internet access are key pillars for our guest experience, that's why we do find ourselves do be an excellent value to our guests given the inclusive amenities and benefits that we offer, I will check guest room lighting to see if it needs to be upgrade.
I like to apologize that your room did not have enough room supplies, I will review these comments with my Executive Housekeeper and breakfast attendant to improve quality of our guest service.
We look forward to seeing you back again so that we can show you how your comments help us to improve our services. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

This is a great location if you are going to the zoo. It is also an excellent location if you are going to a Carolina football game. It was a nice room with a very comfortable bed. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The room rate was reasonable. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear JTM8593 Lumberton
I am glad to hear how pleased you were with your stay with us & so glad that you found our location to be so convenient. Our Housekeeping team takes pride in offering spotlessly clean rooms to our guest & I will be sure to pass your praises on to them as they are always glad to hear such great comments, I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Three of stayed overnight on our way to Myrtle Beach. Hotel was quite and comforable. Room had 2 beds and a convertable couch. Perfect for 3 men. The buffet breakfast had eggs and waffles as well as normal breads, bagels, danish, yogart, cold cereals.

Room Tip: You can walk to IHOP or Chilie's
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chipperhigh2
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear George K Okemos, MI
Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn, Columbia SC and taking time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and your stay was comfortable and upto your expectations.
Thank you again for staying with us and for making the Comfort Inn Columbia your home away fromhome, we all look forward to see you soon.