“Best hotel at a fantastic rate!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #24 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So I had read a lot of reviews and I had high hopes it would be as good as everyone said. No wonder it got such rave reviews because my stay was excellent! My partner and I were traveling and we were coming at two separate times. They allowed her to check in first and I stopped in to pay with my card after. They were super accommodating. And yes.... The beds are so so so comfortable. You don't find that often with hotels but these were great. The only thing I would say is bring your own pillow because the down pillows they use don't give much support. This is one of the best hotels for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks for staying with us and sharing both your views and experience with us as it pertains to your hotel stay! This information will only make us a better as a hotel staff. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 26 May 2014

"Recommended by TripAdvisor" says the sticker out front. What an understatement!

Likewise the reviews. Believe them. This place is that good. Yes, there are rough edges. The place does need "paint and sandpaper". But, don't let the warts keep you from staying here.

I picked this place because while it's further from my family (in Lexington County) and business (Aiken County), I got sick of the "roach motels" in this price range in Lexington. This Comfort Inn blows away everything in Lexington except for the >$100/night places. Note to Lexington County: Share this review with your hotels and motels. See where the guests (and tax dollars) are going! This place is an excellent value!

FIrst, the good stuff... "Valarie" at the front desk greeted me cheerfully and got me checked-in in a hurry. Excellent. Whomever is in charge of this place should express my appreciation to her. She is a major reason why your guests will keep coming back. My room (209) looked recently re-done. Good TV and everything worked. The heating and A/C worked fine with no trouble. The sleep quality was also very good. The breakfast was the usual Choice Hotels fare, but was good and there was still enough even when I got a late start on a Saturday morning.

Now... the not-so-good... This place still has a few rough edges that need attention. The absence of ventilation in the elevator is bad... it gets worse on the second floor when you enter the corridor. This is the Midlands of South Carolina, people. It gets hot and it gets humid. How about some A/C in these areas? This reeks of cheap. Next, some parts of the remodel still need attention. Doors missing veneer and inattention with paint are numerous. Getting back to reeking of cheap, how about an extra bar of soap in the room? What is that going to cost? Fifty cents? Probably less... Not having to take soap back and forth from the lavatory would be a nice touch -especially for those of us who stay more than one day. Finally, walk around your property once in awhile. You'll find one letter in the "Comfort Inn" sign on your building isn't lit at night. Little things mean a lot. Like pride in your property. If they're not catching something that's noticeable, what are they missing that isn't that obvious?

Despite what I said in the "not-so-good", I plan to stay here again in the future. It's that good. Had a "1/2" star been available, I would've given it 3 1/2. But, because of the good things and good people, I rounded up instead of down.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert F B

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The rooms were nice and clean, and they looked like they had been remodeled in the last couple years. The customer service was outstanding. I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast, but each morning it smelled great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We arrived on their doorstep at 10am looking for a room that night as we were unhappy with our accommodation at another hotel in town. They were very understanding and went out of their way to find us another room, which we could move into immediately. We really appreciated their concern and help.
It was exactly what you get at Comfort Inns - great value for money! Really comfortable beds, free wi-if, tasty hot breakfast and friendly, efficient staff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stopped here during the middle if the night. Night clerk was so friendly as was the morning staff. Rooms updated and clean. OMG the bed was like falling into feathers! Breakfast was good too. Price was excellent. Wish we could have stayed here for our whole trip.

• Stayed: May 2014
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

We are glad that you made us your choice us to stay during your visit to Columbia. We are alo glad you told us about your overall stay herfe at our hotel, whihc us get better at our overall service. We pride ourselves each and very day on our customer service, however letting us know how we did helps us to gauge our progress.

See you again soon!

Tim Fields

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is one of the best "less expensive" hotels we've stayed in, in many years of travelling to and from Florida. We don't usually stay in upscale hotels during these trips since a shower and good sleep is all we need for an overnight stay. This Comfort Inn though is a notch above the rest.

We booked through Hotwire for a great price, but for some reason our request for a non-smoking room was not conveyed to the hotel (reminder to self: confirm requirements with hotel directly!). By the time we got there, there were no more non-smoking rooms. However, The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and we were upgraded to a non-smoking suite with no charge.

The look, feel, décor and maintenance is great, more than I expected at a hotel of this class. Our room was very clean and comfortable, with very good and comprehensive amenities, such as a relatively large flat screen TV. It was very quiet too.

The selection at the free breakfast was equally good, there was even a hot breakfast of eggs and sausages. All in all, we were very pleased with the hotel, and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We want to first say thanks for staying with us! You could have stayed anywhere else but we were your choice. We hope that by your comments we top notch for we attempt to please all of our guests all of the time, but as you know no-one is perfect. Thanks for sharing your views of your stay and we hope to see you back again soon!

Director of Sales

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The beds were sooooo comfy.. The staff was super nice, especially the general manager. The decor was modern. It's no five star hotel but it was definitely a great deal for the money. The location was easy to access from interstate I-77. The area is not the best but it's safe. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014

We are so greatful that you chose to stay with us! Your comments on us were humbling and gratifying. I have already shared with our staff. We will continue to do our very best to accommodate each and everyone of our guest 100% of the time, while offering exceptional service as you commented on. We hope you will return on your next trip to Columbia SC.
WE THANK YOU SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE TRAVEL WORLD!

Director of Sales