“Best Stay in a long while”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #29 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My trip to South Carolina was the first I've done alone. Just like you, yes you reading this now; I went to Tripadvisor for reviews of places in the area. Clearly I went with this one. The reviews did not disappoint me.

(If this is too long, just scroll to the bottom for the recap. Haha)

Of everything I will review, there was one, itty bitty downside. I honestly over looked this because it wasn't important to me. But to others it could be. Some of the structure and furniture could stand for small update. It's honestly nothing horrible. A few scuffs on the tub, spots on the carpet, a scuff on the wall, and the fabric on the ottoman for the chair was tearing slightly. (This was just in my room, 104) The rest of the hotel was just fine.

Now! To what I would love to review. :)

-Staff: 5 stars. The staff courtesy started before I even arrived. I needed to change my check in/out dates, and they were more than accommodating to help me.(I wish I got all the staffs' names to better praise them. :( ) I arrived a half hour early for check in and the woman at the desk allowed me to check in early. She also helped me with locating different places around town as well, VERY helpful. The cleaning staff was very courteous when the "Do not disturb sign" was out. (Trust me, I've been to places where they just barge in regardless if the sign is out or not). They also made my check out easy and painless. :D

-Room: 4.5 stars. The room was fantastic. I'm rating as such for two reasons. One, the Very mild damages, and the sink placement. It wasn't actually in the bathroom, which confused me. It was just across from the bathroom door. Nothing wrong, just the first time I've seen it done that way. Haha. Otherwise, it was comfortable. The beds, oh my goodness. They are so comfortable, better than my bed back home. Plenty of places to put things. Nice TV with enough channels to browse through. Great internet as well. It did get a little buggy my last day there, but a lot of people had also checked in that day as well, and could be reason for the slow speeds.

-Location: 5 stars. Since I was here for personal reasons, I didn't really venture out to do activities around town. But it was in good location to a variety of fast foods, as well as nice sit down places. There's a Walmart Super center about 3 miles down Bush River rd if you need a few necessities. Right off the interstate, but I could never hear the cars. That's a plus!

--- RECAP ---
Friendly, helpful staff. Wonderful beds. In a good location right off the interstate.
You're going to love staying here. I will most definitely be staying here again next time I visit the area.

-Guest in Rm104

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

We are glad to see that you a fantastic stay but most of all glad that were able to share with others. We try our best to ensure a great stay for all of guests while also making sure that service is always most important. We hope to see you again here soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We normally stop in Walterboro, but decided to drive farther on this trip. We called a few hotels in Columbia, but didn't make a reservation. We drove to the first hotel that seemed very isolated and run down from the outside so wet just turned around. We were going to the next hotel when we thought we would try the Comfort Inn because we have stayed at the one in Walterboro but it doesn't allow pets.
The front desk clerk was very friendly and courteous. The room was clean and had a fridge, coffee maker and microwave. I never sleep well in hotels so I can't really rate the beds. You enter the rooms from inside the hotel.
There was a funny odder in the hallway but we couldn't smell it in the room. The continental breakfast the next morning was pretty good by my standards because the last hotel I stayed at just had individually wrapped mini danish rolls.
This breakfast had coffee, cereal, muffins, cinnamon swirl bread, mini bagels, waffles you pour yourself, eggs, sausage patties, gravy, biscuits, juice, yogurt, hard boiled eggs. It makes the price of the room not as bad when you consider the breakfast.
The next morning the we encountered another very helpful and friendly desk clerk(could have been a manager for all I know)
The room came to $108 and change. This included taxes and $15 per dog($30).
I don't think I've ever paid that much for a hotel room(I know some people will think I'm crazy, but I'm cheap by nature) but when you have pets and want a nice hotel at the same time, sometimes you have to pay more.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Columbia. We will most likely stay there again when we travel north.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you taking the time to respond through tripadvisor, giving us your feedback as to how your stay went. We are so very happy that you had many good experiences while here and hope you share those expeeinces with ohters. We hope to see you again here soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is conveniently located just off of Highway 26 near Highway 20 in Columbia, SC. On Saturday and Sunday trips that is a big plus. However it was not convenient during our late afternoon arrival on Friday from 4:00 pm until 6:30 pm due to heavy commuter traffic. It was extremely difficult to get into and out of the hotel because of the heavy traffic backed up on Morninghill Drive. There is only one way in and out of the parking lot area.

The hotel is an older hotel that has been updated. Our room had been renovated and was clean and well maintained. Like a lot of older hotels with double beds, the room and bathroom was not spacious and would be a tight fit for a family of four.

I am attaching photos of our room, pool and fitness area. Like a lot of commercial photos I thought the photos of the pool area to be a bit deceiving in that it looked a lot larger. The fitness area was a big disappointment but I find this is true of most hotels. However their fitness center was even far below the norm. The fitness room is a standard hotel room with a treadmill, elliptical, bike and weight lifting machine. I think they would be better off not having a fitness room than offering such a pore attempt of one.

I was surprised at the lack of a response I got from the lady working the front desk when I asked, “What is the one thing someone not from Columbia should see before leaving?” She could not make one recommendation.

The complementary breakfast was cereal, store bought muffins, powdered eggs, sausage patties, fruit, and waffles. We choose to eat out on our second morning of our stay.

Overall I would say this hotel best suited for someone traveling needing a late overnight stay and an early morning departure. The room I had would be a tight fit for groups of more than 2 people staying in the room for several days.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

We thank you for staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. We want to also thank you for your many observations of our property, for we utilize your thoughts and observations to make us better as an overall hotel in our community. Realizing that we are not a perfect hotel, bu we try our best to suit all guests that come stay with us, and that might be hard sometimes for like myself I am hard to please especially when traveling. I will say that for the rate we charge it is an absolute bargain of a stay here at the Comfort Inn, Columbia a 98 room select service hotel. We don't sell us an full service hotel, and find many of our guest that after they stay and compare us to some of the full service hotels in our area we are a great stay in comparison. But if some choose to pay up to $100.00 more a room we always make suggestions of options and or other locations for any of guests. We again thank you staying with us ad hope you return again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Rooms were a little smaller than we had seen at the other Comfort Inn's we had visited. No restaurants within walking distance but the location was perfect. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was nice with several options including fresh waffles.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We are glad you stayed with us and found that our rooms were nice, somewhat updated but most importantly clean, and that our breakfast was good and plenty. We are happy that you will stay again here next time we are In town.

Thanks again for staying with us this time we appreciate you!

Tim Fields,

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night for a baseball tournament. Staff was friendly and easy check in and out. Rooms were nice. Somewhat updated but most importantly clean. Breakfast was good and plenty. We will stay again there next time we are In town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

We are glad that yo decided to stay here at the Comfort Inn Columbia. We are working to get more of the baseball and tennis tournament business to stay with us instead of neighboring hotels. We are happy that you found our accommodations pleasant, a good breakfast experience, a convenient and clean location and of course affordable.

We ask that you tell others about us and we promise to serve them well as we did you!

Tim Fields

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had a great night's sleep at this Comfort Inn. There were a few minor inconveniences. The back door doesn't allow entry from the outside, so if you park in back you have to walk all the way around the building to get in. Fortunately someone has provided a brick near the back door that you can use to keep it open while you smoke or load your car. Also, the light in the bathroom is very dark, sort of like being in a cave. But the room was clean, the staff was friendly, and I had a great night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

We want to thank you first for staying with us during your visit to Columbia SC. We are glad that you had a great nights sleep, but also glad that you took the time to inform us about you stay.

We ask that when you are ever back in the area, to stay with us again!

Tim Fields

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel room was very clean and the breakfast selection was also very good! Besides that, the hotel staff was truly hospitable, specifically Beverly at the front desk who made us feel very welcomed and recommended some great places to eat. The only thing we did not like was the pool area, it was not well maintained and the bottom of the pool was dirty, Otherwise, the hotel is conveniently located to the highways, shopping and restaurants. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks for staying with us and sharing both your views and experience with us as it pertains to your hotel stay! This information will only make us a better as a hotel staff. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Timothy Fields