“Great Stay, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Stay, Great Service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for my little brothers Army Graduation. It was a little farther away from Fort Jackson than others, but it was worth it When we checked in the staff was friendly and very helpful They were able to provide directions to and from Fort Jackson, as well as restaurant recommendations. The rooms were nice and we had no problems with our two rooms. The breakfast was a nice bonus. It was basic, but did the job. It was always stocked and clean. I would recommend this for anyone coming though the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MusicSarah11
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We want to thank you for staying with us and finding your stay a good one! Even though Fort Jackson s a little further some other hotels, we find that our value and service outranks those hotels closer to the base. Hope to see you again Soon, and we thank your Son/ Daughter for their Service!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Moundsville
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I just wnat to thank your staff for all that they did for us. The Housekeeping Staff is awesome!!!!
i reaaly appreciate all that you did for me. Rooms were very quiet.and very clean.
Breakfast was great.

Room Tip: Rooms very quiet and very clean.
Green Features: The Hotel Staff was very helpful and friendly HOTEL WAS SAFE. tHE BREAKFAST WAS GREAT.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Debra K
We want to thank you staying with us and finding our hotel a good stay for you! Thanks for sharing your overall views with us and others!
CT
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

It is bizarre how many positive reviews there are for this place. This is by far the dirtiest hotel in which I have stayed. Yes, it is convenient to I-26, the decor is fine, and even the beds are comfortable - but the layers of dirt along the walls and where the bed meets the carpet, the crumbs and the trash on the floor and in the chair at the desk when we arrive, and, worst of all, the nasty toilet that we had to clean ourselves before using it indicate a pervasive lack of cleanliness missing from the reviews. If we hadn't arrived at midnight exhausted and without other lodging options, we would have fled that dump. In the morning the housekeeping staff did look angry to be at work and as if they hate the guests so it is no surprise that they couldn't care less about making sure the rooms are actually clean. But, the layers and layers of dirt are more about poor management than anything else. This place is comparable to a truck stop motel rather than a newly renovated hotel that values guests and customer service.

Stayed July 2014
I am sorry that you found our hotel, and your stay less than pleasant. It would of been nice to have you mention your displeasure prior to your departure so that we would have had the opportunity to fix perhaps what we fell short of.
We hope to see you again soon!

Tim Fields
Hubert, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Was a great place to stay. Outstanding! Clean rooms, great comfortable beds the bomb. The nicest rooms I have stayed in in years. Wish I would have had time to stay longer and used the pool. Management and staff are so kind

Room Tip: higher floors was nice.
Green Features: green leaders silver level, The best I have seen in years so comfortable
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kapadia, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
We are happy that you found our hotel a great place to stay. Outstanding! Clean rooms, great comfortable beds the bomb. The nicest rooms I have stayed in in years. Management and staff are so kind.

Please come back soon!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Where to start? Hotel looks half decent from the front, but the rooms are terrible. Old, dated furniture, sticky carpet, dark bathroom, noisy AC unit, dried 'things' on wall, peeling paint and dirty handles, no liner in ice bucket (with melted ice), no cups for coffee and the 'piece de restistance' a brown stain on my face flannel - possible skid-mark?

Only place I have ever stayed, where I left without a shower - that can wait til I get home.

Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
We want to first say thanks for staying with us! Secondly we want to apologize for the shortcomings you have informed us while here. We understand that as a traveler each person will have expectations of their hotel. We can defend what you felt or how you felt of us, but we can apologize.

Thanks for staying and sharing your particular hotel stay with us.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My trip to South Carolina was the first I've done alone. Just like you, yes you reading this now; I went to Tripadvisor for reviews of places in the area. Clearly I went with this one. The reviews did not disappoint me.

(If this is too long, just scroll to the bottom for the recap. Haha)

Of everything I will review, there was one, itty bitty downside. I honestly over looked this because it wasn't important to me. But to others it could be. Some of the structure and furniture could stand for small update. It's honestly nothing horrible. A few scuffs on the tub, spots on the carpet, a scuff on the wall, and the fabric on the ottoman for the chair was tearing slightly. (This was just in my room, 104) The rest of the hotel was just fine.

Now! To what I would love to review. :)

-Staff: 5 stars. The staff courtesy started before I even arrived. I needed to change my check in/out dates, and they were more than accommodating to help me.(I wish I got all the staffs' names to better praise them. :( ) I arrived a half hour early for check in and the woman at the desk allowed me to check in early. She also helped me with locating different places around town as well, VERY helpful. The cleaning staff was very courteous when the "Do not disturb sign" was out. (Trust me, I've been to places where they just barge in regardless if the sign is out or not). They also made my check out easy and painless. :D

-Room: 4.5 stars. The room was fantastic. I'm rating as such for two reasons. One, the Very mild damages, and the sink placement. It wasn't actually in the bathroom, which confused me. It was just across from the bathroom door. Nothing wrong, just the first time I've seen it done that way. Haha. Otherwise, it was comfortable. The beds, oh my goodness. They are so comfortable, better than my bed back home. Plenty of places to put things. Nice TV with enough channels to browse through. Great internet as well. It did get a little buggy my last day there, but a lot of people had also checked in that day as well, and could be reason for the slow speeds.

-Location: 5 stars. Since I was here for personal reasons, I didn't really venture out to do activities around town. But it was in good location to a variety of fast foods, as well as nice sit down places. There's a Walmart Super center about 3 miles down Bush River rd if you need a few necessities. Right off the interstate, but I could never hear the cars. That's a plus!

--- RECAP ---
Friendly, helpful staff. Wonderful beds. In a good location right off the interstate.
You're going to love staying here. I will most definitely be staying here again next time I visit the area.

-Guest in Rm104

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
We are glad to see that you a fantastic stay but most of all glad that were able to share with others. We try our best to ensure a great stay for all of guests while also making sure that service is always most important. We hope to see you again here soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We normally stop in Walterboro, but decided to drive farther on this trip. We called a few hotels in Columbia, but didn't make a reservation. We drove to the first hotel that seemed very isolated and run down from the outside so wet just turned around. We were going to the next hotel when we thought we would try the Comfort Inn because we have stayed at the one in Walterboro but it doesn't allow pets.
The front desk clerk was very friendly and courteous. The room was clean and had a fridge, coffee maker and microwave. I never sleep well in hotels so I can't really rate the beds. You enter the rooms from inside the hotel.
There was a funny odder in the hallway but we couldn't smell it in the room. The continental breakfast the next morning was pretty good by my standards because the last hotel I stayed at just had individually wrapped mini danish rolls.
This breakfast had coffee, cereal, muffins, cinnamon swirl bread, mini bagels, waffles you pour yourself, eggs, sausage patties, gravy, biscuits, juice, yogurt, hard boiled eggs. It makes the price of the room not as bad when you consider the breakfast.
The next morning the we encountered another very helpful and friendly desk clerk(could have been a manager for all I know)
The room came to $108 and change. This included taxes and $15 per dog($30).
I don't think I've ever paid that much for a hotel room(I know some people will think I'm crazy, but I'm cheap by nature) but when you have pets and want a nice hotel at the same time, sometimes you have to pay more.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Columbia. We will most likely stay there again when we travel north.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you taking the time to respond through tripadvisor, giving us your feedback as to how your stay went. We are so very happy that you had many good experiences while here and hope you share those expeeinces with ohters. We hope to see you again here soon!