“A One Night Stay kinda place”

Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Fort Jackson
Ranked #54 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“A One Night Stay kinda place”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My daughter and I are spending a total of four nights here after her orientation for USC. The location is about 15 min away, on a row of chain hotels. The facility looks good in and out- well maintained.
In our first room, the AC was not working, the desk clerk readily moved us to the room next door. No problem.

The second room had a few issues, nothing really warranting a complaint until i added them all up, and the final straw will come in a bit. The issues were: light bulb dangling from the table lamp, toilet paper holder incapable of holding a roll of toilet paper, small spider crawling on a pillow on one of the beds, intermittent internet/TV service, poor overall lighting (subjective, I realize), a phone with bunches of buttons that don't work, awkward placement of sink in bathroom (also subjective).

On the good side, the beds are comfortable, rooms have small refrigerator and microwave.

The breakfast was average, but the breakfast server was exceptional.

Now for the deal breaker-on two consecutive days we arrived back at our room through a fog of marijuana fumes in the hall. The smell has permeated under the door, and my daughter reeked of it when she went to get ice. Oh, BTW, the only working ice machine is on the first floor and we were assigned to the third floor. I did report it the first afternoon, I will report it again when I go back downstairs.

I expect to visit Columbia regularly over the next few years, but will not be staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzetteska

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Fast and friendly check in. Clean rooms. The hallways were a little dusty/dirty in the floors, but our room was very clean. Bathroom was clean and had great hot water pressure. Breakfast was standard. Location is nice for our road trip to Congaree NP and Charleston.

Stayed June 2014
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was extremely pleasant. This was not the original hotel I had booked, but I wish it had been! Hotel staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and beds comfortable, the pool was clean and refreshing, breakfast was good, and the pricing was excellent. We were there for graduation at Fort Jackson and it was only a short drive away. There is a lot in this area as well, which was a plus. The only problem, which is not the hotel's fault, was our obnoxious neighbor who got in at 3am (and the door we had between our rooms that allowed us to hear his entire phone conversation and the slamming of doors). Overall, very convenient and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Fort Jackson!

1 Thank Ash J
Moncks Corner, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It is painful to spend money for services that are far inferior than advertised. The issue with any complaint is that it is only that. If you want a not so expensive room expect that in the experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff at this hotel were the friendliest staff I have ever encountered, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels. I was surprised to find quality personal care products in the room, and very comfortable beds made our stay even better. The breakfast was very good and had a wide variety of items to chose from.

Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a great hotel in a great location. The staff were very friendly and professional, the room was decorated very nicely, it was extremely clean, and the hotel groundless were spotless. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. In fact I highly recommend getting on board with the Best Western Rewards program...you will NOT be sorry! I've been a Rewards member for almost 10 years and I will be for a long time to come; excellent brand.

Timmonsville, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked a room on Priceline. I put the room in my husbands name who was on busy in Columbia so I checked in with my 6 yr old grandaughter. The front desk person said I could not checkk in until my husband was with me which was going to be another 4 or so hrs. We already paid for the room so I had to call priceline while standing at the front desk and get them to call the hotel and add my name to the reservation. So that finally got resolved. I asked the front desk clerk for a room near the pool because my granddaughter came with us to swim. She did give us a room by the pool and after we changed and went to the pool we find out it is closed, the housekeeper said she would fnd out when it would open and came back and said no one knew. I called the front desk later and they said it MAY be open tomorrow. So. Here I sit with a 6 yr old in a hotel room . If I had known the pool was closed at cbeck in, I would have checked in at the hotel next store. Also, the manager on duty was not very helpful and acted like he really didnt care if we stayed here at all.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family