“Definitely coming back!”

Cecilia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 1,026 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I had never found a Mexican restaurant that I really liked, but after moving to Columbia I thought I would see what a bigger city had to offer. After doing some research I settled on Cecilia's and I'm glad I did!

I had a Burro Especial with chicken and my husband had a Chili Especial with beef. Both were delicious and I actually wanted to take home the leftovers. The chips and salsa before the meal were also good.

The service was a little slow, but we got out in time to see the movie we were going to so I can't complain.

1  Thank Lindsey S

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This seemed to be real Mexican food to me. It was so fresh and tasty. I had the chicken quasdila and it was total different than i was used to. It was great.

1  Thank McConnaughhay
Reviewed 19 April 2014

What a pleasant surprise for my wife and I; and so close to our home NW of Columbia SC.

We just spontaneously popped by (our first time there - hadn't noticed it before), and enjoyed a delightful lunch at Cecilia's on 'Easter Eve'. This little gem of a place is casual and comfy -- not designed for elegance, but a truly sweet little spot to relax and treat your taste buds to some well-prepared Mexican fare. It is conveniently located yet away from the fast lane. We're glad we found it!

Our first impression was that it was all tidy and spotlessly clean. The welcome we received was warm and friendly. The seating and service were immediate and personable.

The lunch menu we selected from had several choices, and the combination platters we observed being served to other diners as well as our own looked and smelled terrific.

Our highest marks are for the quality of the food. It was surprisingly good! Actually - excellent! And the portions were generous. And the value for money was ... truly outstanding.

2  Thank Doug W
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I LOVED the authentic flare! I ordered the seafood chimichanga and it was delish!!!! Its the real deal, what a chimi is supposed to be.....I LOVED IT! Its a must try.

2  Thank bzlebug
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Used to be good. Not anymore. They have problems in the kitchen, the orders come out wrong, no one tries to correct the problems. There are other places and we will start going there.

1  Thank SCNancylee