“Very Very Tired Property”

Motel 6 Columbia East
Ranked #59 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Highland, New York
“Very Very Tired Property”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

The friendly staff was the only upside of this hotel. I had previously never stayed at a Motel 6 and certainly never will again. This property is dirty, dingy and and they nickel and dime everything. No facial tissues and the bedding was blood stained. No shampoo provided but you can vend a miniature bottle for $2.00. Wifi is available but you have to give $2.99 for the password. It is located in a distressed area of Columbia adjacent to an abandoned motel that reminded me of the news coverage from Syria.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nysp3431

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

I was very impressed with my experience at Motel 6 Columbia East from the front desk/ check in to the overall experience. The friendliness of the front desk personnel made me feel like I was home. the lobby and room was very clean. Thank you very much for a great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

This place wasnt great but wasnt the worst...It was on a very dark unlit road past another motel which wasnt very welcoming and when we got there, there were tons of people loitering. I was only checking my mom in here so I felt worried leaving her at first & staying across town for the BTC. But, the hotel staff that night were so friendly and helpful and without question they moved her to the first floor when she said she didnt want to be on the 3rd floor. My mom enjoyed her stay and eventhough Motel 6 as a chain is barebones-the room was clean. The the main hallway smelled like a groudy gym locker but the room smelled ok. It was only $39 a night so it was worth it
My only complaint is that I was kept 5 minutes too long the morning I checked her out trying to get a refund for 1 night. The lady looked at my reciept then my ID and then agrued that my signature on the reciept wasnt the exact same as my ID and kept asking if I had signed it and kept saying I didnt when I told her I had. We were in a hurry to get to the ft jackson graduation, so I didnt appreciate that.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Queenstown, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Stayed here for one night while attending a BCT graduation at Ft. Jackson. Very clean Motel 6. Personable staff. Well managed and convenient to the Interstate. Much better than most other Motel 6 operations I have used before. Paid $49 with tax.

Soap provided but nothing else. Bring your own shampoo. Vending machines downstairs. Two 'Waffle Houses' within a mile radius.

I would stay here again should the need arise.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

What a dump! For a non smoking room there was a ash tray and so many cig. burns on the counter, sink. Dirt and grime in the corners of the the tub and sink. No bugs thankfully.

No shampoo, towls like sand paper.

I think this is mostly a section 8(monthly renters) hotel. Loud nosies all night, the person/persons staying in the room across have no respect for anyone else staying there. The room next to me would POUND on the wall sometimes( i was sleeping T.V was off)

I would never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Ste Genevieve
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is a bare bones motel by today's standards, but was clean and the staff helped when asked and pleasant about it. They do need to update what their facility offers, such as fitness room, which no longer exist.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

We recently stayed here on our way home from Florida, The hotel rooms are very out dated, No in room coffee, old tv's, however staff are very nice, and the hotel is very affordable...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family