“Hotel hell”

Motel 6 Columbia East
Ranked #55 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My sister nephew and myself stayed. The night we got there at 1am there were 4 men standing outside talking about drugs. When we got upstairs there was dirt in our bed we had to change all sheets and blankets ourselves. I went down to get coffee the next morning poured my coffee and there was stuff floating in the coffee. Rooms are not even close to be clean. What a terrible experience.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My BFF & I stayed here during our girl's weekend. The staff was nice and helpful. We met a few other people who were staying at the hotel also, and they were very friendly. The hotel is right there by Two-Notch road, where EVERYTHING is, (restaurants, gas stations, the movies, the mall, the hwy). Our room was nice, nothing too fancy, but just right for the price. The only thing that I didn't like was we didn't have a fridge or microwave in our room. But there was a "community" mircrowave on the 1st floor, with the soda, snack, and ice machines. Other than that, I didn't have a problem!!!

Room Tip: Convenient to the main roads of Columbia SC....
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed here a few years ago while attending basic training graduation and decided it would be a good place to stop on our way back from Disney. That was a mistake. 4 years ago we had a nice room that provided a decent night sleep. This past December I got out of the bed, grabbed what pillows I could and slept on the floor. I asked the front desk for a couple extra pillows at check in and was told there were no extras. The TV was not even a flat screen and was some old 19 inch set that was placed on top of what you could call a chest. Seven (7) feet in the air. We were also very afraid to leave the car at night because the place looked like some wierd stuff was going on. We could not wait to leave.

Room Tip: bring extra pillows or find another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Quick trip to Columbia, wasnt paying attention to being South Carolina homecoming weekend. Motel located rt off 20 near many rest and things to do. The guest services were very efficient and rooms were clean. I'd stay here on any trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2013

WARNING; this place was full of drug dealers and hookers. It was Masters week and all other hotels were sold out within @ 1 hour radius from Augusta and consequently we were only able to secure a room at this motel 6.
BEWARE; when we pulled into the front entrance there were a number of questionable type of individuals "hanging out". The first encounter was a man who offered me drugs. The second person asked if I needed a "girl friend" and pointed to a group of young women[mostly teenagers] wearing scanty clothing. Yet another person approached and gave me a room number for a party. The police officer standing in the front lobby did not deter these characters and their means of business.
NO SLEEP the halls were swarming with noisy patrons, fights and shouting. This was a nightmare of a place

Room Tip: any respectable person should avoid this place by all means
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank J M
Reviewed 7 April 2013

First impression was the party going on outside. A large group of intoxicated thugs running around the lobby screaming about the need for security cause someone just fired 2 shots. 13 hrs of driving, I just paid my $49, clutched the grip on my S&W .40 and proceeded to my room. How bad can it be. Just need sleep. Well, the non smoking room reeked of smoke, the bed was sunk in the middle (bad/old springs?), box spring looked as if some one had an abortion or threw up on two corners, stains on the carpet....I can go on. Regretting my earlier thoughts of just sleeping in a rest area in back seat right now. No vacancies at any hotel in the area. Ugh, please don't make my mistake and drive past exit 74 here in east Columbia.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Pbrcoastie
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The friendly staff was the only upside of this hotel. I had previously never stayed at a Motel 6 and certainly never will again. This property is dirty, dingy and and they nickel and dime everything. No facial tissues and the bedding was blood stained. No shampoo provided but you can vend a miniature bottle for $2.00. Wifi is available but you have to give $2.99 for the password. It is located in a distressed area of Columbia adjacent to an abandoned motel that reminded me of the news coverage from Syria.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family