Motel 6 Columbia West SC
Ranked #67 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I had a reservation, but when I entered the room, it was trashed. It looked like someone started to clean it and then quit. The lady at the desk gave me a different room.
The room looked like it was painted by a drunk. There was paint on the door hinges and the towel rack.
And the towel! (yes singular) That thing belongs on a belt sander; same size and texture.
The caulking around the tub sealed in the public hair like a honeybee in amber (gross!).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank biggerjim

Reviewed 28 May 2011

When me got there front desk worker was very friendly. The room looked like any other motel 6 , a little shady but not that bad. Bathroom door wouldn't close and our room smelt like weed. We stayed for four nights and it was 90 degree weather our first night we slept uncomfortably because the air conditioner was broken. We did call for them to fix it the next day and they did so. The second day they did not clean our room. Just fresh towels. The third day they just asked if we wanted house keeping service and were very friendly. I just asked for fresh sheets and towels. Once the house keeper come around we were in our room but told her we were about to leave. She informed us she was busy and asked us if we wanted to put the sheets on ourself in a very rude manner. The positives were the area was very convenient, the pool was nice, not to much disturbances and the shower was amazing. We did have young boys that were knocking on our door and running away. We just figured they were bored.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank ashlynorm
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Why was there a mouse in my room???!! Nasty! First he was in the tub, then in the garbage can. This was discovered at 3am. Our room was switched, to a king size bed for three people, My mother, myself and my 18 year old neice..shall I say uncomfortable. But to make matters worse, there were blood stains on the carpet in the room they switched us too!! Fortunately, the staff was nice about it and gave me a full refund. I then proceeded to get the heck outta there and find a new hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mds231
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Do not stay here! We stayed here one night on our way back from Disney World, the room was NASTY.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kellbug1980
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I was drawn to stay hear because of the price and location. It seemed very promising when I arrived because the front desk clerk was very friendly. All I asked for was a room in a quiet area of the hotel. She said that was not a problem because they had security on staff to keep the trouble makers away. Well I got to my room and it was disgusting! The carpet hadn't been swept in a very long time and the trash was full. The carpet was also very stained. Luckily I had two beds, because one was so sunken in, I had to switch to the other. I was still hoping that I would be able to atleast get a quiets night sleep. Well that ended around 8:30pm when the room next to me was obviously rented out to a prostitute who promptly began "working" around 8:30. Nothing worse than having to listen to that all night. I will never stay at this hotel again! Not recommended for anyone that has children or wishes to just get a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
9  Thank baseballfan30
Reviewed 14 February 2010

ok,so when i first arrived at this hotel,as a walk in guest the rate was better than great! i payed 105.00 for two nights.had to pay extra for the wifi its like 3.00 a day.but okay that"s fine.got to my room and if able to load pics u will see what i saw. the room wasn't very inviting.no dresser drawers,do microwave no mini fride,bed looked a bit sunk in,but i was like hey! u get what you pay for.so i delt with what i had. that night while trying to sleep the pillows were very flat so i called front desk and requested another pillow.they said we do not have extra pillows.so i had to go out and buy another from wal mart.the next day i was getting ready to go and see a play at the arena i needed an iron i called down and requested an iron."sorry we dont have one" fine! i got dressed went out came back like 5 pm house keeping still working,but my room did not get cleaned.i waited they still didnt come so i cleaned it myself and just reused the towels and was cloths i had.check out i informed the desk clerk of my problems with service and the room.she didnt seem to care about the torn mattress with the blood stain.or the fact that it caved in or anything all she wanted to know was why i didnt call and tell them i did not get service.ugh! i give up. although the price was cheap and the locations was great. i would rather pay more for a better room so now im now at the days in which is great! if i could give motel 6 one tip it would be better customer service.o and changed your mattresses!! that's just nasty!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank loveless_lady
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Considering the price we paid our stay was okay. Part of the carpet smelled soured and had only been vacuumed in the main traffic patterns. Surprisingly the bathroom was clean. I always check for bed bugs before I unpack anything. I didn't find any, but the mattresses were quite old. The blankets were rough and looked like something I would have put in my dogs house. The office staff were very nice and helpful. The housekeeping crew, on the other hand, were extremely loud, but nice too. We could hear them down the hall, through closed doors. Our telephone cord wouldn't stay in the wall because it was broken. The antenna cord on the tv was just stuck in the back of the tv and sometimes it didn't want to stay. TV remote was missing the back. We had a hard time getting fresh towels. I went to the office 3 times one day before getting what I needed. Overall our stay wasn't terrible, but we won't return.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family