“An SC Favorite”

Ranked #619 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Cookout is super reasonably priced... and of course delicious! Don't leave without trying one of their 40+ milkshakes. By far my favorite fast food joint in Cola.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The first time I went to the Cookout was when my son graduated Basic training at Ft Jackson on May 23, 2013 WOW!!!!! The service was AMAZING!!! The food was AMAZING and the price CAN NOT be beat!! I live in Florida but plan on making that our eating spot as we travel...

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Good job, besides the long lines and small parking lot, I appreciate the service rendered. Customer service was a little flaky but overall I enjoyed the food and the price

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Cook-Out is fast food there isn't any way around that, but the food is good and they do offer a wide selection of different options including several side items with a southern flair. The food is reasonably priced and overall a good deal. The main reason I come back here is that this is one of a very few places where you can get a hand made malt. So when I am in the mood for a malt I will often drop by for a burger and then treat myself to the chocolate malt.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

any cookout you visit always has nice, friendly, and attentive staff. the food is awesome and well worth the money (a lot of great deals). burgers are good and the chicken strip club with buffalo sauce is great. out of anywhere in columbia, the milkshakes at cookouts have the most flavors out of any other places (chik-fil-, mcdonalds, sonic, etc.) and are a lot cheaper too.

Been to Cook-Out? Share your experiences!