Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson
Ranked #8 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

everything was very nice friendly staff was there for my sons graduation from fort jackson very clean hotel great food and service from entire staff.enjoyed useing business center and other areas of hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HIS_ColumbiaGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Greetings,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for posting a review of your stay on Tripadvisor! Our guest feedback is a cruicial part of our success and continued development as a hotel and we cant thank our guests enough for their help with this! I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us! We love hosting families of our newest soldiers for such an exciting time in their life. I hope that if you come back to Columbia again and you need accommodations you will remember our hotel.

Thank you once again for your time in posting this review.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

the location was just off the highway and was near places to eat shop, the staff was friendly and professional and very helpful the room was clean and well kept. the pool was shallow 5ft but swimmable. check out was fast and easy the food at breakfast was good and a verity of items. check-in was just as fast. also the staff beyond the desk was very helpful and did help me with some requests.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HIS_ColumbiaGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Greetings,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for submitting a review of your stay with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team works hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay. I hope that should your travels bring you to Columbia again you will stay with us again.

Thank you once again for your review!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for Parents Weekend at USC. Although this would most likely be a very busy weekend for the hotel, the staff in charge was definitely not up to par.The young man who checked me in was very courteous and professional and asked which room location I would prefer. I had read reviews about the highway noise, so purposely asked for a room NOT facing the highway-big mistake. The side of the hotel opposite the highway has a very nice fire pit area, but it is not something that should be open at night. We were on the 5th floor above the fire pit and heard numerous people laughing, children screaming and running around until almost 2am. It made it impossible to fall asleep. Never did we hear anyone from the hotel come and ask the overly loud guests to quiet down. At 7:30 the next morning, we asked to be moved to the opposite side of the hotel. The clerk at the front desk appeared to be sleeping when we got downstairs and didn't appear interested in quickly rectifying our situation. She stated she would check on it and call us back before 9-no call. We called again and were told they would change our room "as soon as possible". After returning from a shopping trip at 11:30, our room was still not ready and we were told AGAIN that we would be called asap. Finally, at almost noon, the front desk was not answering phone calls, my husband had to knock on the door of the office to even get anyone to the front desk, and only after getting irritated did we FINALLY get moved to a new room. There was never any apology or any attempts to make the move easy for us. Worse, the staff obviously did not respond to patron complaints as the next night another large group of people was out at the fire pit after midnight as loud as the night before. Luckily, we had moved our room. The highway noise was nothing compared to that of the loud guests! I would agree with earlier reviews that state the walls are way too thin. We are not light sleepers, so being unable to sleep was most unusual for us. Also most unusual was the poor response of the staff. We stay at Hamptons often and have never been so disappointed. Although the Hampton in downtown Columbia is more expensive, it is definitely worth the extra money to get a good night's sleep and, more importantly, to have better customer service.

Room Tip: s on the highway side are quieter than those above the fire pit!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
HIS_ColumbiaGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Greetings!

I recently came across your review of your stay with us and wanted to first offer my sincerest apologies for your experience. As you mentioned in your review this past weekend was a very busy weekend thanks to several groups and of course USC home game. I wanted to share with you that I have addressed the issue regarding the front patio with our entire team to ensure that in the future there are no disturbances from this area of the hotel It is important to me and the rest of our staff that everyone enjoys their stay with us and with distubances like noise I know this cannot happen. I do not want to offer any excuses for why the team did not handle the situation regarding the noise or the room change correctly, but instead want to assure you that this is NOT a level of service I allow at this hotel and have and will continue to address this with the team to keep it fresh in their mind. Our goal for all our guests is 100% Satisfaction and if we fail to acheive that I want to know so it can be dealt with immediately. Thank you for sharing this information with us and again rest assured that this situation has been addressed and will continue to be monitored to prevent further issues such as this.

Once again I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies for your experience and if there is anything more that I can do, don't hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Nice, clean room and furniture. That is about all I look for. I wasn't crazy about the breakfast, but it was free. Free Wi-Fi connection worked well and was relatively easy to log onto. I would, and probably will, stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Greetings!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay here on tripadvisor. Hearing from our guests is very important to us as we can use this is a training tool o continue to improve upon our service and acheive our goal of 100% satisfaction. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I am sorry to hear you weren't happy with the breakfast. Rest assured the Hampton Brand is constantly adjusting the breakfast to improve upon it and we continue to share our guest feedback with the brand to help guide them in their decisions.

Thank you once again for posting a review here on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Checking in was super fast with friendly front desk clerk. The common areas downstairs were clean and open and friendly looking. Our king suite room was perfect for a weekend visit with our daughter who is a student at University of South Carolina Columbia. It was easily accessible to major roadways through town with lots of eating locations nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony J M

Greetings!

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative feedback as it helps us to continue to educate our team and improve our service. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our goal is 100% Satisfaction!

If you return to the Columbia area in the future I hope that you will remember us should you have a need for loding again. Thank you again for your kind words!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is about a year old and is extremely attractive and quiet. The finishings are beautiful. The staff is helpful and friendly. I have chemical allergies and the staff made sure to have the room "green." I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Greetings,

My name is John and I am the General Manager here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia. I wanted tot ake a moment to thank you for your kind words in your review. I am glad to see that the team was able to jump in and help make your stay a comfortable one. It is important to us to make sure every guest is accommodated and I am glad to see that your needs were met. I hope that we will see you again in the future and if you need anything at all please don't hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Let me just start by saying, Reggie is the definition of the customer service you should expect but don't always receive at hotels.They make you feel like you are the only guest at the hotel for your entire stay! There wasn't a request that we had that they didn't fulfill. You will not regret staying at this hotel and we will definitely be back. I was in town due to some sickness of the family an he made me an my mother feel more welcomed an at home!!! The beds were amazing, didn't get to see breakfast but i am sure it was amazing! The property itself is a gem..Thanks again, Reggie for your amazing hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family