“Very nice place to stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson
Ranked #8 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Tucson, Arizona
“Very nice place to stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is very nice, well kept, friendly staff. This is the first time I have stayed at this Hampton. It will not be the last. Most every place I drove to, downtown Columbia, the airport, etc was about 15 min. Only inconvenience was trying to make a left turn on to the main road, but even that wasn't that bad.

1 Thank Christine B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

To your staff our triple t Alabama tennis team loved the hotel and the cost. Everyone enjoyed the pool and the staff. We are very happy and I know all our parents at the hotel are
Looking forward to another visit to you guys next year!! Thank you

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daytonfam
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Set a bit outside of downtown this hotel is hitting first in its class. My suite was roomy, updated (relaxing shades of gray, modern furnishings), with nice kitchenette and spacious bath sink for all my prep stuff, great workspace (nice long desk) and sitting area, plus super-comfy king bed and huge, wall-mounted tv. I walked in after a long, insufferable day of travel and sighed relief that the room was calming, clean and homey. Would have broke into a happy dance had I not been so tired. Liked complimentary tea and coffee in lobby. As for complaint, I'm a Hilton Honors member and have been so for quite a while; Hampton is in the Hilton collection. I don't understand why complimentary bottles of water aren't provided for us.

1 Thank LadyinMotion
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We liked the beds. They were comfortable. We liked the room. The breakfast wasn't as wonderful (to my taste) as other visits to Hamptons but it was still good. We are always going to try to stay at a Hampton. We didn't have any trouble with noisy neighbors.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for just 1 night as we traveled from Ohio to Florida. Despite our short stay, the hotel left an impression on me. I'm not sure if its new or just remodeled, but it was a very nice, modern hotel. There were 6 of us in the group (3 adults, 3 kids) and the studio suite was the largest and nicest of any rooms we stayed in during our 9 day road trip. We got to the Hotel late (9pm) and the Desk clerk said he'd keep the pool open till 10:30 for us which the kids were thrilled with. The indoor pool area is a bit small and like most indoor pools there is no noise baffling so the echoes of kids playing can be a bit migrane-inducing. The breakfast was of the standard fare you get with Hampton and was enjoyable, well stocked and hot. The Hotel also has an outdoor fire pit sitting area which looked very inviting. The value and accomodations at this hotel were perfect for our group.

Room Tip: The large studio suite is very spacious!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Charleston, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This Hampton was most enjoyable, clean and pretty modern. Hot Breakfast bar was fulled with variety and vey tasty. The power went out for a few hours due to a horrible thunderstorm and the manager granted a 1/2 price refund. The trip really was enjoyable.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I elected to stay at this property vs. a Marriott property on the same road, as I normally do (I frequently travel for work and have elected to try to start using more Hilton properties). I arrived at the hotel around 7PM from the airport to be greeted by a young man working the front desk.
(Side note: He should probably use the "silence" feature on his iPhone, to avoid his text message chime ringing every few seconds while guests are present at the front desk).

Some hotels ask how many room keys you want made, while others normally prepare two. IF I'm staying at a property that asks how many keys I want, I always elect for only one. (There's only ever one of me, and it saves the hotel money with the expense of potential lost key cards etc.). The young man asked me how many keys I wanted made. I advised him, I would only need one. He then said, "Are you sure?" I explained that I was. He then, again, said, "Are you sure?" To which I replied, "Yes, I'm positive." He THEN said, "I'm going to give you two, anyways." I then had to explain to him, that I didn't have a need for two keys, and only wanted one. How many times does a guest have to give an answer, before the staff takes it seriously?

After that debacle, I proceeded to my room (604). I'll say that the hotel has done a nice job with the decor in their guest rooms, and it is very modern. That being said, I believe more emphasis should be placed routinely about going room to room to inspect for dirty or stained carpeting/ seating. Since I travel for work so often, the normal "wear" in a hotel room doesn't bother me, but obvious larger stains should be addressed by the hotel. There was a larger stain right as you entered the room (as if someone had spilled something brown) and a larger stain on the sofa arm. (see photos)

Room 604 overlooks the front parking lot, and fire pit. While the fire pit is a nice amenity for guests, a certain noise level from those guests should be enforced from on staff hotel management or front desk employees. Perhaps the front desk employee was too busy on his iPhone, but there was a group of about 6 people at the fire pit well until after midnight who were being very loud, singing, joking etc. While I'm all about having a good time and relaxing, other folks simply want to get a decent nights rest, and a noise level should be monitored. If I could hear them through my hotel windows 6 floors up, I know every guest beneath me could as well.

Overall, I elected to check-out early. While the property and decor is nice and in a convenient location, I'm left wondering if this Hilton property needs some adjustment to it's customer service levels.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, choose a room away from the interstate, and away from the fire pit.
1 Thank Trot27
HIS_ColumbiaGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Greetings! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of your experience with our hotel. I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies regarding the issues you encountered during your stay. It is expected that our team provide the highest level of service to each and every guest and it is obvious that this time we failed to live up to those expectations. Rest assured however I will be addressing each item that you have noted with our department heads and specifically with the team member in questions to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I hope that you will accept my sincerest apologies and if there is anything more that we can do, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you once again for your feedback.