“Atmosphere overcomes portion problems”
Review of Cafe Caturra - CLOSED

Cafe Caturra
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Nice date night choice. Atmosphere is very nice. Lots of outdoor seating was nice for a perfect spring evening. Good wine selection. Service was good. Prices were very reasonable. Wife very much enjoyed her scallops with risotto. I had a very flavorful short rib with vegetables and polenta. My only complaint was the weird portion size/ratio. Accompanying the world's scrawniest short rib was enough polenta for three people. Tasty but odd.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My boyfriend and I had a great experience here for a date night. The staff was incredibly friendly, and our meal was reasonably priced. We sat outside on the patio just as the evening was turning into night. The restaurant has an intimate, rustic ambiance with candlelight on each table and dim lighting in the right places. The fire pit was a nice touch. The food was good, average... but not amazing (in my opinion). Regardless, I appreciated the romance and enjoyed the experience. Would definitely go back here again.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My mom and I visited last night for a special occasion and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The atmosphere was perfect, the staff pleasant, professional, accommodating. The food selection divine. Here's the breakdown...mussels were small but there were so many in the bowl I could barely finish them and the wine/pancetta broth was perfect. Deviled eggs, best ever! Pimento cheese and flatbread was small but so flavor packed it was very rich and a must order! Crab and corn tacos were absolutely amazing and so fresh! We actually took our time and made room to share a slice of heavenly lemon cake...oh my! Not at all tart, just perfect and so moist! The prices were great and we had a huge assortment of delicious tastes. She enjoyed a very nice Cabernet house selection. It was a tad cool but the patio was heated and a beautiful fire pit just made a spectacular setting. Thank you, we will be back!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I had lunch here yesterday. It was a Saturday, and although the restaurant was near capacity the whole time, the staff handled it with efficiency. We sat at the bar (by choice) and had a great conversation with the bartender who was attentive and friendly. We ordered a Reuben and a Cuban sandwich. Both were excellent - especially the bread and how it was toasted. We will definitely go back. Next time, weather permitting, we may sit on the patio as they have a wonderful looking fire pit there and plenty of outdoor seating.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Nice happy hour and good brunch. Food is very good and prices are reasonable. The outdoor seating is fun -- city like atmosphere. Very lively.