“Delicious food; a little pricey”
Review of Jasmine Buffet

Jasmine Buffet
Ranked #193 of 983 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Chinese
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Delicious food; a little pricey”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My family eats at this buffet at least once a month. There is rarely a long wait as the staff keeps the place bussed, drink orders are delivered before you sit back down and glasses are kept full. Bring cash to tip the hibachi & sushi chef's. The hibachi is a favorite of my youngest son, the cook talks to him every visit and knows his name. The sushi bar is my husband's favorite, he talks with the sushi chef every visit and the gentleman is kind and his sushi rolls are as good if not better than an expensive sushi bar. And, while I read another review they charge; they do not charge extra for sushi if you are eating in. The buffet does have plenty of chicken variety's, no sesame chicken though my only complaint. Plenty of seafood available, some steak dishes and a good cold bar selection.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jennifer R

Columbia, South Carolina
“4th July Weekend sister visited”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We went between lunch and dinner, around 2ish after I picked sister up from airport. She wanted some Chinese.Japanese food so I took her to Jasmine. I like when you pick out your items and they cook on the grill. They didn't have a lot to choose from and on the buffet was a lot of chicken and no ribs that day. The egg drop soup was good. I only got a few items from the buffet, mostly fruits and salad. I went previously earlier in the year with my church usher board for birthday celebrations and the food was much better. Maybe because it was on a Sunday.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Diana F
Elgin, SC
“An unexpected surprise”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed this place. The only down in my opinion was the price. What is reasonable to some is a little pricey to others. The food was excellent and I shall return, perhaps not weekly but once a month.

• Visited September 2013
Covington, Georgia
“Best Chinese buffet”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great selection of foods on a buffet I have ever had; food was fresh and plentiful; Would go back anytime. Typical detached staff personnel, but food made up for it; sushi made fresh while you wait, and of course meat, shrimp and chicken stir fry available.

Visited August 2013
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
“Very clean restaurant, friendly staff, courteous cooks...”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I am in town for a conference, and, at meal times, people are always wonderful, "Where will we go to eat?". I had seen this restaurant, so I offered it to the group as a suggestion. It won the day. The outside looks nice and well kept, and inside was spotless, and smelled clean. Drink orders were brought immediately, and we were invited to enjoy our meals. There were several rows of buffet-style food; a standard array of "Chinese restaurant-style food", and fresh vegetables and fruit selections. There was, also, a section for sushi and Manchurian wok-style food. Everyone in our group enjoyed their meal.

• Visited June 2013