“Fries may be worth the trip!”
Review of Polliwogs

Polliwogs
Ranked #617 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Formerly Icy's Sports Bistro, it has reopened as Polliwogs, "serving only locally grown ingredients and seafood straight from the South Carolina coast".
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Fresh cut fries and raw fries(homemade chips) are good! Portions are just average for the price. Sandwiches are fair and definitely small for $9-$10 price. Service just ok. Live band on Wednesdays is fab!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Was looking for a wonderful evening out with my wife after a stressful week. Heard many good things about Polliwogs so being that we had a livingsocial deal from them, we decided to give them a try. We walked in and were greeted by the please seat yourself sign so my wife and I headed for the deck. After waiting 20 minutes before being approached and finally given menus, we waited another 20 minutes for our orders to be taken. Finally when the food arrived they brought me the wrong meal, but I couldn't remedy the situation because our waitress disappeared. After 30 minutes of feeling annoyed that my wife was finishing her meal, but the waitress had not been back to check on us for me to tell her she brought me the wrong meal, I walked in to find her with my plate of food. Of course she was apologetic and they did take the meal off but we had to spend our livingsocial in one visit which means we got suckered out of 11 dollars. Had to get my meal to go once they finally got it right because after being there well over an hour and a half, I was tired of being an afterthought to the waitress. It is a shame because the food is incredibly delicious but no food is worth terrible service.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The food is decent and the service is good. Not to bad on the craft beer selection either. However, the inside is all wood panel walls with dim lighting which wasn't for us. The place could use an update.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stopped in on a Sunday for brunch and discovered their hot dogs and how delicious they are.
I had the pimento cheese dog, yumm. Plus they have some of the coldest beer there.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Had the best food there!!! Specials are always changing and fabulous!!! Great music on the weekends! Definitely coming back!!

Been to Polliwogs? Share your experiences!