“No frills atmosphere but fantastic good!”

Lamb's Bread Vegan Cafe
Ranked #47 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is located in downtown Columbia. It's good and I would like to review it here.
Columbia, South Carolina
“No frills atmosphere but fantastic good!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Don't be dissuaded by the slightly worn decor the food here is five star! Menu changes daily and I'm might come just as often! I had the Philly "Cheesesteak" and my mother had the tempeh reuben with collards. Both entrees were fantastic. Wonderful flavor, generous portions and fresh vegetables. Don't miss this place!

• Visited August 2014

South Carolina
“Awesome Vegan Veggies”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Disclosure: I'm not vegan. Not even remotely close. But I go here with friends on a regular basis because you simply can't beat their "meat" and three.

The menu is on the whiteboard behind the counter, and there's always a protein or two, and a list of 8-10 veggies. I've only been for lunch, so I can only speak for that, so your options are one of the proteins, something like spareribs or kung pao or teriaki chicken, or honey mustard chicken, and two veggies. Rice is included. Please note that the meat is vegan. I don't want to mislead. However, it's always delicious. I'm not sure how they make their sauces, but the flavor is wonderful. Veggies can be collards, cabbage, okra, peas, beans, mac and cheese (vegan), etc. I highly recommend the mac and cheese and purple cabbage. The portions are massive, and you will not go away hungry.

There are also sandwiches on the menu, but I've never ordered. I stick the the special of the day. They also have a few different specialty drinks like cherry limeade, but I haven't tried them. Shame on me!

Service is always great, but please keep in mind this is a small, independent establishment where a limited number of people do ALL THE WORK. The woman taking your order is also likely cooking and serving, so be patient and be nice. They're quick with the orders and they're generous with the portions.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank SCTraveler2010
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Excellent Vegan Offerings”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We dined here on a road trip that took us through Columbia. It's often difficult to find vegan friendly food on the road, so this was a welcome discovery. We got the recommend from TA and the other reviews were spot on! The food was excellent and the service was friendly. The value for the money was also great. The mac and cheese was outstanding! Don't let the facade of the restaurant put you off, this place is worth stopping in for some good old southern hospitality and excellent food.

• Visited June 2014
NC
“Very very good”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went around 3 in the afternoon, so it was in between meals. They were very friendly, ask if it was our first time, gave us a sample and told us about the menu. We sat down and they brought our drinks and food. I ordered a strawberry limeade and a side of Mac and Cheese. The strawberry limeade was so fresh and yummy and I loved the creamy softness of the Mac and Cheese, I could go for seconds!. My husband ordered the small plate of BBQ with potatoes, Mac and cheese and rice. He loved the BBQ and the Mac and Cheese. The potatoes were ok, a little cold.

The restaurant was clean and simple with an African theme.

• Visited July 2014
Glenn Heights, Texas
“OH MY WORD! Lamb's Bread Vegan Cafe is AMAZING!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

If you are not Vegan, you will love Lamb's Bread (Vegan) Café! I have eaten there 4 times while being in Columbia and each time I have left wanting more...the greens, okra, chick peas, barbecue chicken, macaroni and cheese (not real cheese folks),teriyaki beef ,field peas, and red skinned potatoes, kale, cabbage are off the chain. It would be well worth your while to dine in or take out one of Folani's dinners. I love the flavor, the seasoning, the taste and presentation of the food. You can taste the love. Prices are good too!

• Visited May 2014